Battery fail?

Reaction score
Hi all.
Got a 3 week old fc40 and have used this battery approx 6 times. Plugged into a smart charter and it just flags "low battery". On the official dji charger it only flashes 1s and red charge light.
Has my battery died? Any fixes?

Just checked with a balance meter. One cell at 2.42v, others at around 3.93. Always charged in balance charger. Have I got a dead cell?

landwomble said:
Just checked with a balance meter. One cell at 2.42v, others at around 3.93. Always charged in balance charger. Have I got a dead cell?

Does the FC 40 use a standard lipo battery? (IE could you plug it into a standard lipo balance charger?) (I think I have seen pictures that lead me to believe it can be)

The reason I ask is - because you are reading anything on the one cell 2.4 - I can't say if it's dead.

It's Possible that the smart charger doesn't like the variance between the cells and won't charge it... but another standard charger might. That's just a guess.

IF you decide to try to charge it on another lipo balance charger - DO NOT leave it alone... something is out of whack for sure... but whether it's something that can actually be balanced or if it's an indication that the battery is damaged in some way is not known... when lipos get unstable/damaged - a chance of fire is higher... so be very VERY careful.

Well, I thought I'd try charging at lower current. 0.8 amp - no dice. 0.2a for an hour then normal charge and we're back in business! Treating this pack as suspect though.
Good news - called the supplier I got it from (Maplin, uk) and although I had to hold for ten minutes, they instantly agreed to swap for a new one which is being posted out :)

I also bought two more batts for 7 GBP each from hobbyking's uk warehouse.

landwomble said:
Well, I thought I'd try charging at lower current. 0.8 amp - no dice. 0.2a for an hour then normal charge and we're back in business! Treating this pack as suspect though.
Good news - called the supplier I got it from (Maplin, uk) and although I had to hold for ten minutes, they instantly agreed to swap for a new one which is being posted out :)

I also bought two more batts for 7 GBP each from hobbyking's uk warehouse.

That's cool - even if you got an alternate charger to balance it properly - I would have considered it suspect anyway, because that behavior is unexpected to begin with.

Anyway - sounds like you got the best possible solution.

One more thing - do you currently have more than one battery? If so... does that one charge fine on the smart charger? The only thing that would suck worse than your current situation is if your new batteries do the same thing because the charger is the problem :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.