BATTERY ERROR

Reaction score
Had Phantom 3 Pro about 3 weeks. I have a battery that immediately powers the aircraft on even though the battery appears to be off? I have it running now to discharge. Going to try to include a pic of the battery screen in the app showing Battery Error, please check. The battery percentage in upper right turns blue with a bolt on the little battery image that I generally associated with a charging battery ATTACH
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1450923683.223900.jpg

I have two batteries, the other works fine. This one when I insert it in the Phantom the aircraft just comes on as if I had turned the battery on, gimbal check etc lights start flashing. I can push the power button twice and it acts as if battery turns off but power to aircraft continues so aircraft remains powered regardless of whether any lights are on on the battery

Wow, the lightning bolt battery charging icon, that's a first :D It's actually intelligent life, like iDrone instead of iRobot. If you send it back to DJI they'll probably decommission it... But sending it in will get you a new one that works right.

Purchased a new Phantom Pro everything pack with three batteries on black Friday and after giving them the first charge one of them gave me the exact same error.
Tried several times to get past the error and even discharged it and gave it another full charge and it still failed.
Sent it in to DJI a couple weeks ago and just got a email with a fedex tracking # that a new one is coming. :D

DJI wants me to discharge to -5% and recharge and send them history. History shows normal unless I am looking at the wrong thing.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1450976494.952389.jpg

It does I think. Got the phantom to start and after it got below 50% I got the "battery upgrade required" or available. I discharged below 5% as directed by DJI, now have it charging, no lights on but I hope this is normal with a battery discharged that low thought it might light up when it got back up to near 25%. We will see. I guess I just puts card in with the update (already update a/c) and put battery in. How do you know it upgraded?

You must use only GO app 2.4.3. The app must be updated prior to doing any firmware updating. You should do all firmware updates by removing any folders and files from microSD card. Then place the .bin file by itself on the microSD card and place card in aircraft and power up battery. Make sure battery has at least 50% power before attempting any updates. All process to install until you hear a 3-beep sequence. If you have more then one battery to update, leave the card in aircraft. Place next battery in and all process to run again until the 3-beep sequence. Done.

I also get critical battery error on one battery. I put it in and I get gimbal action and video. I also get 4 red lights. I tried updating but it would not. I let it set on my work bench for 2 weeks and it barely lost any charge. How do I discharge it to 2% so I can do a recharge or do I toss it?

I got my phantom to start and I just let it run without props until battery ran down

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl