Battery Error with OEM battery

Reaction score
I purchased a DJI refurbished Phantom 3 Standard and activated it on 1/17/17. A few days ago, I got a battery error in the status bar during flight, and when I clicked on it, it said "invalid battery". This is with the OEM battery that was included with my P3S. I contacted DJI online support, and they asked me if it was charging okay, which it is. The LED's also do not indicate a problem, so I was hopeful that it was just a random glitch. DJI told me to fly it again and take a screenshot if it happened again.

Today, I flew with the battery again after charging it to 100%. Shortly after takeoff, I got the same "battery error" message in the status bar and it again said "invalid battery". I decided to land, power off, remove and reinsert the battery, and try again. Same thing happened, but I kept flying because the Phantom seemed to be operating properly otherwise. The message would disappear and everything would turn green again, only to have it reappear again less than 30 seconds later. After a while, I got multiple battery error messages on the screen and I knew that was my cue to land.

I was just wondering if anyone has had this same problem and what could be causing it? Again, the LED's on the battery do not indicate a cell problem, and the battery is charging normally. I have initiated a warranty replacement and currently await the shipping label. But in the meantime, I wanted to educate myself a little better on the battery problem.

Here are the screenshots I took. The last one looks like it just spit out every battery error message possible, no?

IMG_3379.PNG
IMG_3380.PNG
IMG_3382.PNG

Wow! I've never had it on my batteries, even though one of mine is aftermarket. I have not come across anyone or any posts here with that issue either. Please let us know if you find out if in fact it is the battery and/or a software issue in the battery.

What version of Go are you running?

Wow! I've never had it on my batteries, even though one of mine is aftermarket. I have not come across anyone or any posts here with that issue either. Please let us know if you find out if in fact it is the battery and/or a software issue in the battery.

I am stumped. I uploaded my flight to Healthy Drones and none of the battery messages are showing up in the flight log (unless I'm missing something). There aren't any power deviations or anything to speak of either, but clearly the app reported these problems during my flight. I have another battery that I flew after this and it had no errors whatsoever.

I am using iOS DJI Go app version 3.1.4, but I first got the battery error on the previous version of the app, so I don't think it's the app version that is causing the problem.

Here is my Healthy Drones report if anyone wants to take a stab at it:
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

I'm wondering if maybe it's a communication error of some kind? Should I try cleaning the battery contacts? They don't seem to be dirty or anything, and the battery only has about 10 charges on it.

Please could someone tell me how you capture the screen shots of the tablet / phone as in the above.

Thanks
If you cannot determine if you can and how to take a screenshot on your device, you would have to at least add to you question what device you are using.
I can only answer how to do it on my device which is a Samsung Galaxy Note4 which has 2 ways. The first is to press the home and power buttons simultaneously.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

If you cannot determine if you can and how to take a screenshot on your device, you would have to at least add to you question what device you are using.
I can only answer how to do it on my device which is a Samsung Galaxy Note4 which has 2 ways. The first is to press the home and power buttons simultaneously.

Thanks. You gave me the clue. Power button and volume down takes the screen shot on my Nexus 7.

Easy when you know how.

Last edited:
3.14?? I only just updated to the latest 3.13 which is supposed to fix the home point issue. Are you reading it wrong or am I missing something?
I have read other threads stating that there is an android 3.1.4, and also saw one today saying there is an android 4.x.x out.

Last edited:
Guys, I stated in Post #4 that "I am using iOS DJI Go app version 3.1.4" ----> iOS
Yes, I am on iPhone, and taking a screenshot is as easy as pressing the Home button and Power button simultaneously.

Now that we've got that figured out, does anyone have any comments or analysis of the battery problem I'm having? If someone could take a look at the Healthy Drones flight report and see if they see anything that would reflect the battery errors in my screenshot, I'd appreciate it. I am just learning how to analyze those reports, so I may just be missing something... but I don't see anything in the warnings/notifications areas of the report that would indicate a battery error of any kind.

Anyone?

How do the individual battery cells look in the Dji go battery tab . Any big variation with any of the cells . Upon a quick google search I found this guy says he fixed it let me know if it helps
P3 Standard "Battery Error" DJI Go App

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I couldn't look at the individual cells when I had the battery error - the app wouldn't let me. I'm going to pop it back in after charging it up again and see if I could look at that before the error appears again. The flight record does not show any big deviation during the flight. At this point, I'm thinking it's some kind of communication error with the battery, so I might try to clean the contacts and/or see if there's anything that isn't making contact correctly (as in the thread you linked to). As soon as I put the other battery in, the error goes away though, so I don't think there's any problem with the contacts in the actual battery compartment, and the battery itself looks fine.

Still stumped, but it's looking like I will just have to send it in to DJI and have it replaced. Thanks.

UPDATE: Well, I charged the battery back to 100% and it still shows everything is normal on the LEDs. I inserted the battery, turned everything on and connected, and the app is showing everything normal. I'm in my house right now, so I can't take off to see if the battery error reappears, but so far so good. I don't think the error appeared before until I was actually in the air, so we'll see...

Battery.PNG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers