Battery error please help!

Reaction score
Last night I took the bird up for a fly, it was a still night but some lightning in the distance, everything was fully charged. After about 5 mins of flight time I got a battery error come up on the screen, the battery % on the screen showed 86%. when I looked at the led lights they were all solid red. I landed it straight away and shut everything down and then turned it all back on. It found the home point and lights flashing green, I took off and just went straight up, within short time it did the same thing. Never had this happen before I have only had 18 flights so relatively new. Could the lightning have affected it??

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

First thing I'd do is clean all the battery contacts including the data contacts on both the bird and the battery.

How did you store your battery? Charged??

You also need to test it with another battery. Eliminate half the variables off the bat.

How did you store your battery? Charged??
I always store the battery and the drone in its original box when not flying and kept in a storage cupboard.

First thing I'd do is clean all the battery contacts including the data contacts on both the bird and the battery.
Thanks I will clean the terminals also

I've logged 200+ trouble free miles on my P3P and got this error for the first time last night because a shard of plastic had prevented both upper and lower clips on the battery from latching and I missed it in the preflight (bad). The power contacts are longer than the comms terminals and therefore the controller is able to determine and communicate that a catastrophe is imminent. I seriously offer huge thanks to DJI engineers for this design. Finally, I'm thinking the best response to this message would be to very carefully align for a direct return path and fly forward only (do not reverse!) while descending as this will tilt the phantom and have gravity assist holding the battery in as best as possible assuming the latch is the issue.

Last edited:
Look at the balance of the cells in the DJI Go app. It could be as simple as an unbalanced battery discharge, common. Charging the battery can clear it. Doing discharge and full recharge can also help cycle the battery and restore it. Uploading your logs from the flight to healthydrones.com can help to decode the exact error and pinpoint the problem. DJI will warranty the battery if it has a real issue.

What ddh1313 happened to me last night. I got a battery error, it went into ATTI mode and started drifting. Luckily I have gained enough control to bring it back easily and it was only 3-400 feet away. I got it back and the battery was sticking out a good 1/4"! I must not have pushed it in enough. Lesson learned.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers