"battery error" msg on DJI App

Hmmm theres 2 screws holding the block thingo with the 4 power related terminals... I can undo one... but the other screw I cant seem to access..
took the lid off.. took off wifi module.. undid the 4 screws holding the main board down, but you can't move it out of the way seems it is soldered to the ESCs!!
There is not enough slack... bloody hell... must be another method to doing this...

*edit* oh figured it lol.. needed to remove ESCs.. anyways checked all contacts and nice and secure and clean... lets hope this has magically done something......
Also made sure the data pins push in as they are meant to... out of ideas now.. maybe I can load all the firmware on again or something... :/

No exciting input from you expert folks yet :( ?

Why not try and drain the batteries completely, and then fully charge them them up and then check for a error message?

Have tried that...
Seems odd both batteries could develop an issue at same time though yeah ? All though both have had like 50-60 recharges, and both around 85% battery life.
Also as I said camera/sats show up.. so the device is getting power...it just seems as if,,, due to something, the software won/t use the batterys.

Offcourse this is all intermittant... Sometimes reinserting fixing, other times contact clean fixes.. hard to narrow it down.

Stripped it down as best I could and checked everrrything earlier tonight. Gave it all a good contact clean.. put it back together and battery worked first time... to scared to try a second or 3rd time incase its not working properly lol. I didn't do anything to fix it, except clean stuff that was already clean...... so I'm not expecting problem to go away.

Hopefully go for a flight tomorrow and we shall see.

If not fixed I will take back to shop I overpayed for it at... Battery should still be under warranty (3 months I believe??) Think I have a week or 2 left before 3 months :)

it happened on my new default battery from p2v+V3,
the message show as this pictures (I got the same from the photo I grep from fb)

and now on my battery info got 4 discharge warning :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 281
Does it happen on all your batteries of just the 1? And how often?

I cleaned my terminals and since I have not had that error...but then I started getting "invalid battery" error.. took her apart and cleaned/checked the hole power thingo which was bit of an effort as had to remove 2 ESC to move mainboard to access 1 screw...also reinstalled ALL firmware sucessfully for a third time now.... inserted both batteries 8 times over 24 hours and error seems to have gone..

Got no idea what is causing it... gut feeling is its from updates.. but then maybe its an existing problem that only came to light due to updates.. concerning as the batteries are kinda important lol :/

it's a new bird, last night is the 6 flight, and the warning show 3 times on that flight.

I already inform the seller and capture all the details to give it to dji.

I think that because of the battery firmware updates.

Ah ok.. mine was just once per flight.. at same point in time.. on both batteries which is why cleaning it made no sense it fixed...

Do you have 2 batteries? If so, does it happen on both?
If you bought it from a shop i would return it (if it happens on both batteries)

"battery error" msg on DJI App

i bought new battery 2 days ago which firmware is still 1.5.0.0. (just checked) as I remember there's no warning when I use it 2 days ago. But for the default battery, YES I updated it as dji announced the new firmware update.

I will not update my new battery firmware until this issue clear.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418004155.627952.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418004155.627952.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 253
If you get bored... maybe try using both batteries a good few times each and see if you can get 100% consistent results.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.