Battery error messege@ 75%, then crash

Reaction score
i flew today and I had a great flight 4 mins into it . It was 35 not to cold no wind and out of no where it come up with battery error and it wants to land . So it all of a sudden starts to spin multiple times and climbs altitude above what I have set for limit and flies where it wants and away from its home point . Why ? And emergency lands somewhere , I drive around to find it on its last location on go app . If I can't find it what is my recourse , is dji gonna do anything for me . I play back sticks and show no movement on my part just did it on its own ,help what's my next action . Did I mention it snowed so it's all white and like finding a needle in a haystack. Here a link to video of what it did . SkyPixel

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    5.9 MB · Views: 1,074
I think you will find it. Always better to get it back I think folks have more success when they have the aircraft to return. So I would be looking for the needle in the haystack. DJI has been pretty good about sorting people out.

Phantom 3 Pro / iPad Air 2

You can send DJI the flight log, and if they determine the crash was caused by software error, they (should) replace your bird.

Reactions: Ken Hanks
I don't know how to upload log , everything has been updated to latest versions
Was the firmware on all of your batteries updated?

Will dji cancel warranty if we r not updated to latest firmware on bird, rc nd batteries?

I saw something in video that may have been part of the issue. The phantom was heading closer to a cell tower.. It acted up before reaching the tower, then when right above it, it went haywire. Just a thought. I have flown in the area of a cell tower and had no flight control for a brief second. Not sure but the tower I'm thinking can create interference.

If you only have one battery and you updated your quad (with that one battery obviously) then that battery will automatically have the latest firmware, am I right?

Did I mention it snowed
Are you saying that it was actually snowing while you were flying it, or that there were snow on the ground? Flying in any precipitation will likely be a reason for DJI to refuse in kind of warranty..
I hope you find it in a good state.. Good luck.

If you watch the video it was sunny and blue skies . Snow on the ground. I fly that area all the time never had tower interfere with anything ,

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I saw something in video that may have been part of the issue. The phantom was heading closer to a cell tower.. It acted up before reaching the tower, then when right above it, it went haywire. Just a thought. I have flown in the area of a cell tower and had no flight control for a brief second. Not sure but the tower I'm thinking can create interference.

• What's my next step , dji gonna do anything for me
Contact DJI, they will ask for the flight logs. They have been pretty good at replacing ones that are clearly the Phantom's fault. That said, the logs usually point to operator error. But not always.

• What's my next step , dji gonna do anything for me
What DJI might do for you will depend on the available evidence. You have a log file that may well contain details that reveal enough about what happened to make your case for a replacement.

Go to the healthydrones website and follow the instructions. It is easy.

With your stiry alone best you can hope for.is they will offer yiu 30% discound on a new one.

These are your battery cells after 4minutes of flight on a battery that took off at 97% - it looks like this battery had gone into auto discharge as after 4min of flight they shouldn't be that low.

2.945v 3.032v 3.026v 3.015v

You should be landing before the 1st cell reaches 3.4v
Did you check the cell voltages at take off? Was the battery unused for a few days after charging?

Imo this has Nothing to do with cell towers but battery voltage

Last edited:
Yep looks like you had a full battery that sat for a few days waiting for warm weather. Battery needed recharged right before flying

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers