Battery error message in firmware

Reaction score
In the process of updating latest version of firmware in a 2nd P2V, a little box popped up, stating ,"not dji intelligent battery". I put the same battery in my restored P2V and experienced NO message and DID show all normal battery data. This 2nd unit won't start motors and has solid red lights on aft arms only, after boot up. What have I got myself into?

I was able to calibrate compass, BTW

Just when you think you've learned a lot, another gremlin appears. :?

Any suggestions???

Did you complete the full update, including main board update? Might be worth attempting to flash again. Solid reds and no boot up indicates "non DJI battery". Does the affected aircraft have the original data pins (smooth bullet tips) or the v2 data pins (crown tips)? Particularly if it's the former the other thing is to get some proprietary electrical contact cleaner or rubbing alcohol and q-tip onto the pins and the contact pads on the battery and see if that clears it. Alternatively when you seat the battery into the aircraft give it a slap into place for the last bit of travel ("lock-and-load" style). The latter particularly works for me when I get invalid alerts on my (very early model) P2V with original-style pins...

Thats from the crappy contacts and the pins not contacting properly. which makes it think there is not a real dji battery installed.

Try cleaning the 2 dots on the battery and the ends of the pins. if that dont help and being you said it was a restored phantom check the wire that goes to the pins is connected on the end that goes in to the plug connector and the other side on the board is connected right.

Thanks fellas for the great input! The battery IS a dji original, and the contacts are clean. After pondering and more pondering, I was thinking this might be a power source issue, so I took the halves apart AGAIN and did a closer inspection. Voila', the very small, 2-pin connector on the main board, which leads to the data pins that touch the small round contacts on the batt, was broken and the plug was laying around, hiding behind other wires. Plugged it in and everything works great. Connected back up to firmware and the battery IS recognized with all data. This might have been the result of a crash, or caused a crash, either way, it is probably why this P2V wound up on ebay. My gain.

Cheers,

Jim

RIght on glad to here you got it going.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj