Battery Error...damaged cell warning

Reaction score
I recently did an IMU calibration and while I had the v2+ hooked up to the laptop, I checked other tabs (RTH, battery, etc). Now the battery that was in the quad now shows damaged cell warning. I really don't believe there is anything wrong with the battery. It was full so I hovered it in ATTI (because I had nothing but red blinking led's) for about 18-20 minutes to drain the battery completely and try a fresh charge. Same outcome although retrying turning on and off the battery many times I did get it to go through the light sequence and got green sat lock a couple of times but when I tried to lock into wifi fpv, the warning would pop up and go into red blinking led's. Sooooo what now? I've included attachments of the battery condition...not sure but seems fine to me, maybe one of you see something I don't....any help to would be appreciated....thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0561.JPG
    IMG_0561.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 876
  • IMG_0560.JPG
    IMG_0560.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,266
  • IMG_0559.JPG
    IMG_0559.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 879
Do you get this warning with any other battery?

If it happens with just one battery I'd say "Not recommand to fly"

lol...so I should heed their "recommandation". I guess I have to live with it although I think the battery is fine. I wish there was a way to reset it because I think it was just a glitch but now I think the battery has been condemned for life.

I just noticed something...I have 3 batteries at 50% charge. If I hold the button in for 5 or 6 seconds, all four lights light up except for the battery in question, on that one the fourth light blinks. Maybe the assistant software works after all. Just sucks that a $130 battery showing 90% life left is somehow no good anymore...hey Santa, I have a last minute gift idea for you

When I was upgrading the batteries 2-3 weeks ago I got a message that cell was damaged. Like you I drained it by flying low for 10-15 minutes. I then charged it with no problems. I have used it a number times since and have not any issues until today. I was flying in very heavy wind and at 200 feet I got the message, "Battery Error damaged cell warning Recommend not to fly". I carefully landed it. When flying a $1300 machine I think would be prudent to NOT use it. Why risk it. I know it's $120 but does it really make sense to risk it.

Lipos are supposedly environmentally safe, but remember to discharge it before you dispose of it. Once you drain it completely, it's safe. You can chop it into pieces. Take it to the range and shoot it. Or keep it as a paper weight. But it's only safe when it's completely drained.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj