Battery drops from 40 to 6% in 10 seconds!

Reaction score
I just put a fully charged battery on my P2 and did some passes of some mini icebergs at the edge of Lake Michigan.

When my FPV readout said I was at 40%, I decided to do one final pass, but after about 10 seconds of flight, the battery read out on my iOSD became 6%, and to my horror, the drone lowered itself into the water.

Has this ever happened before?

I have no faith in the batteries now. Can I make a complaint to DJI about this??

It was a warm day. Nothing to detrimentally affect battery life.

(My friend donned a wetsuit and swim out to look for it but it was too deep, with zero underwater visibility and too f**king cold to properly look for it)

Feeling terrible.

Were you running the latest firmware? It has a feature that allows you to get a bit of lift and steering after the quad starts to autoland. Of course it depends how far you were from shore.

At 6% that battery had to be 10.65v and there is no maneuvering at that point. He may have thought it was a warm day but it was cold enough to drain a battery quickly.

Was not latest firmware. It was about 100ft out. Wouldn't have made it back.

The copter was descending and not responding to my controls - could've been 16% but it was 40% just 10 seconds before. It was 7ºC, and I've flown in much harsher conditions in the past. Has to be a bad battery.

Another reason why I am thinking of tapping out. Im seriously considering putting my brand new V2 plus in classifieds and waiting to see what the Hubsan Pros are like. Too many things go wrong with dji products and they do not stand behind them.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4