Battery drains extremely using Arris CM2000

Reaction score
HI, am flying one week with Arris Cm2000, it started of perfectly, 6 minutes flying time, not bad. However since yesterday all 3 phantom batteries I´ve got went practically dead.. I have the connecting wire from Arris so am using the main battery for both systems. Since they have lost power they can still be charged but after 10 seconds of flying the red led is warning me, before 10 sec later there is no more power to fly... It seems to me that this gimball is draining for some reason to the extreme. Everything works but my batteries have gone practically dead since I use the Arris. I have discharged the batteries as well, recharged them but no difference..
Anyone?

isitabird said:
HI, am flying one week with Arris Cm2000, it started of perfectly, 6 minutes flying time, not bad. However since yesterday all 3 phantom batteries I´ve got went practically dead.. I have the connecting wire from Arris so am using the main battery for both systems. Since they have lost power they can still be charged but after 10 seconds of flying the red led is warning me, before 10 sec later there is no more power to fly... It seems to me that this gimball is draining for some reason to the extreme. Everything works but my batteries have gone practically dead since I use the Arris. I have discharged the batteries as well, recharged them but no difference..
Anyone?

The Arris doesn't use that much power..

Try charging up the batteries and then flying without connecting power to the Arris. (that will determine if it's the Arris or not).

Did you change your NAZA settings in any way? (and not mess with the battery level failsafes?) and you're sure your batteries are fully charged?

I disconnected the Arris and found that the battery still is out of power after 10 sec, the red light flashes practically immediately. So the Arris might not be the problem but it made me think of that since the three batteries all have the same problem since I started using the Arris.. Well actually, the first two days went OK, the problems started the third day and all batteries at the same day.. Maybe the charger fu$%ed up the batteries that day? I charged them all three then.. PS I charge at 3A, I read somewhere it´s better to charge at 2A, might this be the case?

I don´t have a battery checking device..this might show that all batteries are dead. I´ll look into that but stil don´t get it that all three went dead the same day

isitabird said:
I don´t have a battery checking device..this might show that all batteries are dead. I´ll look into that but stil don´t get it that all three went dead the same day

I'm going to guess that your charger might have gone bad (did you time out how long it took until the charger said the batteries were charged?).

I kind of doubt your batteries are bad, especially all at the same time. (and I think they only really go bad over time, or puff up). but it takes hundreds of charges to do so.

I highly recommend getting another charger that has more functionality (I love my Accucel6), it will tell you how much voltage is in the battery when you start charging, how much charge it's taking, how all the cells are,. and has a beeper when done.
but you can also pick up a battery checker as well (from HobbyKing), which can come in handy.

While you can charge at 3A,. most people prefer to charge at 2A and even 1A,. all depends on how much time you've got.
but generally the slower you charge, the longer the battery will last.

10 seconds is a bit too fast to empty a battery :shock:
I use the mystery B6 balance charger all the time at 5A. No problems so far.. The original charger that came with the phantom I used lately as backup, but compared to when I started using it, it now takes ages to charge at 3A, and the blinking red-green won't stop. However, when I plug the battery from that state to the mystery, it will say it's fully charged almost immediately. And I'm getting the 6 to 7 minuted flight time out of them with arris cm2000, so the batt should be okay. The fast charge mode on the mystery B6 gives me a full charge in less than 30 minutes (for a 2200 3s) :)

also make sure that the battery type is set to LiPo and NOT set to LiFe. i did that once and got about 10 sec of juice.

I had my batteries checked today and they were all good...also wired the phantom for a check, it did not show anything strange.
upgraded with the new firmware and flew fine, ...for 1,5 minute..
I have no clue why the phantom suddenly is leaving me with not more than one to two minutes flying time. I have changed the protection level settings 1 & 2 slightly lower upon advice from another phantom discussion that is going on here. Let's check tomorrow..
PS I must say, the wind is strong for month already overhere in the netherlands.. But still, one minute is crazy.

Still no change!! I bought new battery, changed the prtection level settings by lowering them, Could the Naza be having a problem? I also checked the battery afterwards, 69% left, 3,95 v per cell left, more than enough to fly for another 4 to 5 minutes but the phantom starts to land and won't let me go up anymore..
Anyone?

Some owners have had problems with the charger. it would be especially unusual to have ALL your batts die. Try a different charger if you have the means.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj