Battery draining very fast

Reaction score
Sorry for filling the forum with my posts, it's because I'm having a lot of problems.
I've got the drone flying, however after about 2 minutes of hovering the red low battery lights start flashing (Naza-m mode) and I can see that the battery is on one bar. While the drone is flying, I can see the lights on the battery go down about every 30 seconds. I know this can happen when flying on a partially charged battery but I fully charged the battery before I flew and it had all 4 bars when I took off. I bought the battery second hand off ebay, so I don't know how it's been treated although the auto discharge feature was turned on so it shouldn't have been damaged due to being left charged.

On phantom assistant, it tells me that it has only been discharged 12 times and is on 96% life. The full capacity is not much below the design capacity. I've attached a screenshot of the battery page on assistant.

Attachments

• p2 battery screenshot.JPG
    p2 battery screenshot.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 361
Battery is done.
The data at rest is not indicative of health or performance in flight/under load.
Another indicator MAY be an appearance of puffing and mushy when squeezed but is not a requirement to confirm its 'tired' state.
Flashing red lights under arms indicate voltage had dropped and will begin to auto-land.

Oh dear :(. Luckily I only paid £10 for the battery but it was sold as working.

The only problem you weren't told for how long. Of course that's what happens when you take someone at their word when buying used equipment. Or as some of our good old boys in the south would say that's what you get when buying a pig in a poke.

The third cell is about 70 less than the other 2 cells, I had one like this and it auto landed at 80%

It's now used as a test battery.

The third cell is about 70 less than the other 2 cells, I had one like this and it auto landed at 80%

It's now used as a test battery.
Hadn't even realised that! Likely a sign that it's bust. Hopefully I'll be able to find a new one on ebay soon, or maybe I'll do that mod that let's you plug any battery into the smart battery bit.

I've found a new battery on ebay - only problem is the seller says it has been unflown for two weeks and is on full charge. Is it still going to be any good?

Check your personal messages.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj