Battery drain maintenance - be careful

Reaction score
Just did my 1st deep drain on the batteries , (long overdue) probably not my best idea to do it today with 26km winds but I wanted to drain the batteries and not flown for a few days due to the rubbish weather so was itching to get a quick flight fix of just hovering around doing circles etc.
Just some advice for those who may undertake this for the 1st time, don't do it on windy days and keep the craft very near to you when below 30%
I was lucky I was about 24% and it behaved like it was going into auto land in the growing corn field behind my property.
I guess it was probably because of the wind using the extra power to remain in hover etc , i had to use the sticks very gently to bring it back it was only about 10 metres away and it felt like a 100, it was a struggle to get it back without losing height to clear the rear 4' fence and bushes.

Ahh well another lesson learnt ... :oops:

FlyingFox said:
Just did my 1st deep drain on the batteries , (long overdue) probably not my best idea to do it today with 26km winds but I wanted to drain the batteries and not flown for a few days due to the rubbish weather so was itching to get a quick flight fix of just hovering around doing circles etc.
Just some advice for those who may undertake this for the 1st time, don't do it on windy days and keep the craft very near to you when below 30%
I was lucky I was about 24% and it behaved like it was going into auto land in the growing corn field behind my property.
I guess it was probably because of the wind using the extra power to remain in hover etc , i had to use the sticks very gently to bring it back it was only about 10 metres away and it felt like a 100, it was a struggle to get it back without losing height to clear the rear 4' fence and bushes.

Ahh well another lesson learnt ... :oops:

Don't test fly in the wind!!!

Why would you want to do a battery drain while flying it.. just turn on the phantom and let it sit there on the table till it cuts out. then recharge the battery..! :shock:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.