Battery Discharge Warning on Screen?

Reaction score
Can anyone help me out here?

I have a stock Phantom Vision 2 (not +) and I've never had any battery issues until very recently. Note that I have 4 batteries in total.

Anyways, the issue I am having is when I am in the air and give it power to climb or move left or right, I get a battery discharge warning on my screen. Then I have less than a minute or so before the battery icon in the top right hand corner of the screen stars to blink (even at 70%) and then the Phantom starts to auto-land itself. Very frustrating when I know I have plenty of juice left.

Something seems to be wrong with the app maybe? I have 4 batteries and I have the same problem with all of them.

*Note that I have NOT upgraded to the latest firmware that addresses battery auto-discharging. Any idea guys?

I went ahead and drained the batteries all to 5% and I am going to let them sit overnight and then charge up to 100% before I leave for vacation. Hopefully that does the trick.

Clean the Vision's two data pins on the craft, and clean the pads on the battery. Use Deoxit if you have it, or other electronics safe cleaner. Even alcohol on a Qtip would suffice until you get a cleaner. I do this every 5 flights or so with no crashes or failures so far.

Good luck.
The Rookie

I have a P2V+ with two batteries. Today (Nov 19, 2014) I updated the firmware on one of the batteries, and now get the same error you're describing. This only happens when I use the updated battery, I get no 'battery discharge' warning when I use the battery I did not update.

I tried discharging the battery to about 5% and recharging, I still get the error.

Anyone know how I can downgrade the battery firmware?

Joe

Ok....I went ahead and upgraded all 4 batteries to the latest update as well as the 3.08 on the pv2.

I charged up battery #1 to 100% and took it out for a test flight. All works well until I decide to "punch" it in the air and then thats when the warning appears on the screen (see attached picture).

The PV2 seemed to act normal minus the flashing red lights on the quad. But I landed out of nervousness alone.

Anybody else seeing these errors? (fyi, I've never had any issues after flight for about 1 year and I have 4 batteries so they all have less than 15 discharges because I rotate them often)

Attachments

• IMG_3609.PNG
    IMG_3609.PNG
    3.3 MB · Views: 864
My battery situation is identical to yours in that "punching" it generates an error, and looks like your screenshot, except mine reads 'Current Discharge Warning'.

I recommend people do not upgrade their battery firmware until this is resolved.

Update on my findings:

• 1. This error does not come up if I run it without the props, I can punch it in any direction and get no error.
    2. Mount the props, go outside, take-off, error comes up when I go full throttle.

Maybe this is caused by the old model props (9443) vs the new model props (9450), I have the 9443's on mine. Fortunately, I have the new model props on the way, might even be here today, so I will be able to test this theory.

Joe

New props didn't come in today.

Here's why I think I might be right on this.

• 1. Battery is updated to latest firmware.
    2. Latest props have more lift and use less battery (2 minutes added flight time).
    3. Power up and test full throttle in all directions:
    • A. No props (no drag), no "Current Discharge Warning"
      B. With props (drag), "Current Discharge Warning"
      C. New props (less drag? less discharge? no warning? )

Speculating that the firmware is thinking new prop configuration and when it senses the inferior? old prop it doesn't know it's the old prop, it just knows it's putting out more power than it should and throws the "Current Discharge Warning".

It'll be interesting to see if this is the case.

Anyone out there with the old props and latest battery update and not seeing this error?

Well, it seemed like a good shot at a logical explanation, but the new props didn't correct the error message the battery thrown by the battery. I guess I just have a bad battery that went haywire after the latest update. I'll just buy another battery and write it off to bad luck.

I have not flown in a few months. I tried this morning with two different batteries with the same issue. Is it a firmware issue?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20