Battery deviation excessive? Brand new battery

Reaction score
So, I've perused a number of threads about battery cell variance, but still have some questions. I have a brand new battery that shipped with my P3A two weeks ago. Three flights on the battery total. Two of the three flights have had large battery variances for cell 1. Some of them are over .1 volt. Should I be concerned about this?

See attached links to healthydrones logs.

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Thanks in advance!

If you looked at threads here you may have seen that people with a simmillar performing battery managed to get replacements from dji....

I wouldnt fly it anywhere that a crash may spoil someone elses day. It may be fine however the inbalance does suggest a geater chance that thr cell may drop beoow critical voltage under load.

I would contact dji and send them the healtuy drones log file.

That's what I thought. I just didn't know if it could be fixed after a couple of discharge/charge cycles. Looked like it had several months of shelf time before purchase, if that makes a difference.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Can make a big difference if elavared temperature or its close to the lower limit of cell coltage..... quickest way to kill lipos are over temp, trying to pull over 80% of capacaty out of them regularily, over charging and storing fully charged. The last one may sound suprising but i know of two instances where phantom 3 batteties were reporting 70% life after less than ten flights.... had been fully charged and left sitting for just over three months.

Thanks for the reply. Battery had one solid and one blinking led before charging when it arrived. It's cold here right now, but I kept it warm before flying.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20