Battery cost as a percentage of total cost

ya the battery's are pretty pricey and I just had one crap out and the top melted and it will not take a charge any more after just 20 charges. So it basically cost me about $7US per flight.

A while ago calculated it was costing me about $5.00 PER FLIGHT because the batteries were only lasting about 30 cycles before flight times were only 8-9 minutes... this was on the P2, I hope the P3 is better... Note: I recoded all flights and battery data, never went below 20% and the batteries were still dying...

I have 5 batteries. My oldest has had 61 charge / discharge cycles according to the app. It still shows 100% and lasts about as long as my newest battery. This battery was tortured in the heat during the summer here in Arizona. I rarely ever go below 20% with any of my batteries.

I don't think air temperature is as major a factor in battery life as opposed to how you handle your batteries. If you always cool them to room temperature before you recharge them, they will last longer. Charging warm LiPo batteries is the quickest way to shorten battery life.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl