Battery Communication Error

Reaction score
I received my new Phantom 2 V+ yesterday and had my first 2 flights today. The thing flies like a dream. Unfortunately on my second flight I received a "Battery Communication Error" and the Android app advised "Fly Carefully". The error only happened once and was very brief.. less than 1 second.

My unit came with the stock battery and then 1 additional battery as part of the package. The additional battery had a different "MODEL NO." than the one that came with the Phantom. Of course, I have mixed them and am unsure which actually came with the Phantom. One battery is Model No: "733496-5200mAh-11.1V" and the other is "PH2-5200mAh-11.1V". The battery in which I received the error was the 2nd mentioned battery.

When I received the error the Phantom was nearby and I noticed a very quick, probably 1 second long, throttle increase and it returned to normal. That was it. After receiving the error I kept the Phantom very close to me and never received the error again.

I noticed here ( http://www.dji.com/info/releases/dji-re ... m-2-vision ) that if the pins fail, the error is displayed the unit continues flying. Of course it only happened once, but this was my first flight and I'm concerned about it happening again. I googled the error and there were many recommendations to clean the connectors, which I did with alcohol, but I have a hard time believing this issue was caused by a brand new connector.

Anyone have any advice on how I should proceed?

Thanks!

edit: all firmware is up to date on everything, including the batteries

Hi, try using some Deoxit Gold on the contacts. It is a liquid you apply for all electronic gold contacts (only need a light smear)

razzle, I wouldn't worry about it unless it becomes a common occurrence. I've seen a similar error when using one of my batteries -- and, the same battery has worked just well ever since then.

It's definitely a good idea to clean your battery contacts -- on both the batteries themselves and the Phantom. I use DeoXit cleaner spray, but others say plain alcohol works okay too. DeoXit also protects the contacts and helps improve the conductivity, so it doesn't just clean like alcohol. Like you said though, this likely was not your issue since your Phantom is brand new.

Last edited:
Thanks! I cleaned the contacts with alcohol. Not sure if that was the solution but I haven't had an issue in roughly 8 flights.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl