Battery communication error?

Reaction score
Today I was out buzzing around and suddenly the app put up a message on the screen. I wish I'd had the presence of mind to grab a screen shot. But it said something like "Battery communications error - fly carefully".

Anybody see anything like this? Any idea what it means (other than the obvious)?

Was this a singular, momentary event? Was the battery fully inserted? Check the small battery sense pins and terminals. Are the spring-loaded pins inside the battery compartment straight & fully extended? Are you leaving the battery inside the Phantom when not in use? This may fatigue the tiny springs over time. Try cleaning the sense contacts with an electrical solvent. It could also be that the smart circuitry in the battery is failing.

Another poster just discovered that a connector on his main board was broken loose after a crash. You may want to open it up and check the battery communications connector.

batt-comm-conn_zpsf319c06c.jpg

Here is a screenshot. In my case, the battery was not fully inserted.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-10 at 7.10.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-10 at 7.10.26 PM.png
    175.4 KB · Views: 1,199
It means that the battery did not securely lock into place and had the potential to slide out during flight. Just make sure you push it forward firmly until it locks into place.

I had today kind of "battery current error" or smth.(focusing to the bird and didnt remeber)
I had old batterys from last Phantom V2, they were waiting 3 months at a table. Upgraded firmwares, discharged them once and charged again fully. My time bar shows max 8 minutes flytime, also sometimes I pull Phantom up, at 80 % charge the percent numbers will go red (red 80%!) like battery warning does.
And it continues to fly after that like normal.
But so unsure is to fly like this. And same problem is with new battery too - 8 minutes time, but flies longer.
Should measure real time.

I was having the same problem. But kept saying invalid battery. Checked the connectors. All fine. Opened it up and the internal power plugs port on motherboard had became detached and broke on one side . If I hold it down the message goes away and will let you start motors sand all as normal. Once started you release it it shows the "battery communication we're, fly with caution" message. Is there any where or anyway to get just the motherboard port to put back on. Or am I stuck with having to purchase whole new motherboard? Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31