("It continues to fly.")
Really?
I was recently able to launch my bird even with low-temp warnings from the Go app. It wasn't cold enough to stop it from starting up, but I still got the warning that it was outside of operating temps.

Then after launching it, I brought up the battery monitor page in the Go app and watched it. When I pressed it (pushed the stick to raise the craft), a couple of cells dropped down into the red zone.

After only a few seconds of careful thought, I landed the craft and packed it up. I've got too much money wrapped up in this thing to see it fall from a high elevation because I was "so sick and tired of DJI telling me when I can and cannot fly my bird!!"

If during the flight the temp drops below 15c, what happens to my p3p?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
The battery itself generates heat keeping it warm. The drones temp. can fall and still operate.

The battery itself generates heat keeping it warm. The drones temp. can fall and still operate.
Cool, that's good to know.

But if it does drop, would you get a DJI Go warning?

That same warning that one gets if they try to start up with a cold battery, would that come up mid-flight, if you started with a warm battery but it was cold enough to cause the battery to drop into the warning zone?

I guess the technical question I'm asking is: where is the temperature sensor (in the battery itself?) and how often does it get checked (just at start up, or also during flight?).

Maybe I need to ask on the DJI board for an official answer. but if anyone has seen the warning come up mid-flight, that would go a long way towards confirmation.[/QUOTE]

Yes, people have posted that they've received battery temp warnings during a flight. I don't believe they were forced to land though.

Newbie here... first post. I went out to fly yesterday right after a firmware update, only to find that I couldn't even start up my P3 since the battery was below 59F (15C). I've only had this bird for a few months, and I'm anxiously awaiting better weather to go out to fly... (I'm in the Detroit area)

I've flown it few times already when the temp was only 45-50F outside, with no warnings... I think that 59F or above to fly is a bit ridiculous. Anyhow, where is the battery temp sensor? I do see a small sensor inside the battery housing... is that it, or is it actually inside the battery itself? Just curious... Thx.

Newbie here... first post. I went out to fly yesterday right after a firmware update, only to find that I couldn't even start up my P3 since the battery was below 59F (15C). I've only had this bird for a few months, and I'm anxiously awaiting better weather to go out to fly... (I'm in the Detroit area)

I've flown it few times already when the temp was only 45-50F outside, with no warnings... I think that 59F or above to fly is a bit ridiculous. Anyhow, where is the battery temp sensor? I do see a small sensor inside the battery housing... is that it, or is it actually inside the battery itself? Just curious... Thx.
Sensor within the battery itself. Your drone can be as cold as it wants, but LiPo do not like cold, hence the minimum operating temp.

If during the flight the temp drops below 15c, what happens to my p3p?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Once the quad has stated to fly, the battery will make enough heat from discharging to keep itself warm. No need to worry about it at that point. I know, I live in western, N.Y. And I just flew this morning, 3 degrees out when I took off. Battery was fresh charged and in the house prior to take off, so the pack was warm. No issues.[emoji91]
Cool, thanks.

Hi I am sick to the back teeth of restrictions that DJI are implementing into each software/firmware update,
always wanting to update to avoid issues I find that I can no longer enjoy flying my Phantom 3 ADV...

This morning at 7am outside my place of work Fantastic colours in the morning sunrise so I took out my Phantom with the hope of catching some beautiful footage, built the machine up connected my tablet waited for the Drone to warm up,15 satellites located,safe to fly pull on the joysticks "Nothing" on screen warning about battery temperature being too low, warm to at least 15c I took the battery out tried another same thing, so I warmed one under my armpit for a few minutes, all this time I am missing the gorgeous sunrise,
Put battery back in wait for aircraft to warm up still no fly battery is now 18c and the battery monitor showing the cell's in yellow.
15 minutes before I can start the motors piss arsing about with the machine with Colleagues awaiting this amazing display that I missed I was so fed up I never flew the bird, just wrapped it all up back in the case.

Spent the rest of the day having the piss taken out of me by "work mates" asking stuff like "how much are they? I would ask for a refund" and much stronger "Banter"

Rewind to February this year and I flew over a frozen lake, over a frozen forest all without issue and temperature's at MINUS degrees......so at 18c why have DJI Neutered my bird I am sick of various problems that I encounter with each "Update" needless to say I didn't install latest update because of people having range issue's and I will never install another update

So I guess winter flying is out of bounds now and as British summer's are very brief I may just sell it and give up Winter and Autumn are my favourite times to capture footage not bloody summer DJI!!!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik