Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Battery clip

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Ethan Guppy, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Ethan Guppy

Hi guys I have just received my new phantom 3 battery for Xmas but when I put it in and done the firmware update I couldn't get it out . After about 20 minutes of pulling and pushing and a layer of skin of my thumb it finally come out ! I noticed that the top clip is really stiff unlike my original battery I got with my drone . Thinking of returing it rather than fighting to get it out everytime

2. ParsnipHysorter

I don't know much about this but can only speak to my own batteries: I have three and all require similar amount of pressure in the pinch to get them out: Nice firm amount of pressure but not too much of a fight. Doesn't sound right that that battery is requiring so much effort.

3. msinger

Approved Vendor

Some of mine are tough to remove too. I believe DJI modified the batteries after the initial release. My oldest (the first batch) batteries are easier to remove.

4. Ethan Guppy

Thanks . Yea I think I will send it back rather than risking breaking my p3 cheers guys

5. ForistellFlyer

A little bit of file work on the battery will fix it right up.
    One of my catches were tight also. Remember file and fit. File and fit. File and fit

Reed L likes this.