Battery Charging

Reaction score
Hi I am a new quad copter pilot,my FC40 arrived yesterday as stated in the instruction manual charge battery any one know how long this will take I have red flashing lights 1S and on the charging status? 40 mins already

your battery that came with the FC40 is a 3S and you have to set the charger to this setting or it will not charge also you have to set the amp i set mine to 2 Amp takes about 15-20 mins depending on the charge in the battery to start with you should get a battery tester that shows the state of the battery so you will know how the battery is performing such as cell balance when the battery is fully charged the charger will have a flashing amber light or on solid.

Dennis

When / where did you get yours from? I bought a 1.1.1 from Woot (got it yesterday) when they had them for $400 and got a DoA battery as you did (alternating flashing between 1S and Charging - both red). And to the snide, yes, I did follow the battery guide and have other heli w/LiPo. I did my reading before charging with what's included.

Haven't tried it on a different balance charger as of yet, but I'm wondering if there was a recent set of bad batteries shipped out. I sent in a "ticket" to DJI yesterday and have yet to hear anything back.

Yes I did follow instructions on the PDF file reference battery's charging for an hour and still no change trying again and still no change 1S and the charging status lights are both red and flashing alternately.

I bought mine from Quadcopters.co.uk I am going to ring them now,also in the box i had the Spanish power adapter missing they said would post one to me.

A dead battery and missing power supply. Was this purchased new and was the box sealed?

I just spoke to Octocopters.co.uk and they said send charger and battery back for testing and they will send me replacement whichever is not working.
I had to argue my case about postage,but they say they will refund it. I should bloody well hope so.

Yes it was new straight out of the box I haven't even tried tho props on it yet still all boxed up.

So I had some time to watch the battery on my Traxxas 2933 - plugged it in and immediately saw cell 1 lower than 2 & 3. I tried doing a balanced charge and everything went fine - except for cell one woudln't charge past 3.85V. Cells 2 and 3 came up to 4.20.

I then ran a discharge on the battery @ 1A and I got an error towards the end. Tried balancing the battery slow and same thing. Guess I got a bunk battery, but as stated I bought it on Woot and there's no way they're going to swap the battery out - I'd have to send the whole unit back which isn't worth it.

I attempted contacting DJI from their website with no response. Twitter - no response. Probably one of the crappiest companies to get a response from, rather lame. Great product, crap support from what I can tell. Going to send a new request in and see if it goes into another black hole.

On two occasions, I have initially had one of my stock Phantom batteries fail to charge. I would get one, or no red lights flashing. Both times, the FC40 had been lost or inaccessible (with completely exhausted battery) for couple of hours to overnight, in sub-zero temps (Fahrenheit.) On both occasions, I left the battery on the charger for a couple of hours with no change in the lights. However, after leaving the battery (disconnected) at room temp., overnight, reconnecting to the charger resulted in normal lights and full charging.
Hope this will help some with batteries that were thought to have failed. Not sure if temp had anything to do with problem, or just total depletion of power, requiring 'resting' to return to normal discharged state. :D

Hi
We'll I bought the two battery from Amazon and charging with traxxas charger , charger time is about 8 min but after the charge the , battery getting so hot and start to bigger and after 5 min battery explode and burned I have no idea it's bad battery or charger making battery explode

Varozhan said:
Hi
We'll I bought the two battery from Amazon and charging with traxxas charger , charger time is about 8 min but after the charge the , battery getting so hot and start to bigger and after 5 min battery explode and burned I have no idea it's bad battery or charger making battery explode
Too many Amps !! Max charge rate should be 3 Amps I believe ...
OR
reversed polarity ??

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20