Battery charging

Reaction score
After flying and if I don't plan to fly again for a few days do I just charge the batteries to around 60% and then store em? Or do I charge them full and run them down to 60%? Or do I fully charge em and let the auto discharge set to 2 days take care of it? Is it ok to let em auto discharge while stored tightly in my carrying case? ......Oh the questions.....

I beleive you top it off to around 50-60% and take off charge (I may be wrong but so far have not done it).

I do know its best to leave them out of the bag when auto discharge kicks in as they get fairly warm when auto discharging.

After flying and if I don't plan to fly again for a few days do I just charge the batteries to around 60% and then store em?
If I know I'm going to fly again in the next week, I don't recharge my batteries right away after flying. I have them set to auto discharge in 2 days -- and, I don't want the auto discharge process to initiate before I fly the next time. Instead, I store my batteries as-is (normally at about 30% charged) and recharge them the day before I'm going to fly.

If I know I'm not going to fly for an extended period of time, I charge my batteries until the 3rd light starts blinking. At that point, they are at a level that is safe for long term storage.

Is it ok to let em auto discharge while stored tightly in my carrying case?
I always store my batteries in the case with the lid closed -- even when they are auto discharging.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl