Battery Charging

Reaction score
I am confused on the best way to look after my P4 batteries, i have already had one battery replaced by DJi as cell 4 was down.
I have just finished flying and not likely to fly again for a week or so, my batteries are currently at around 35% and 45% as the batteries do not like being left fully charged, should i leave them as they are or charge fully and let the battery discharge intelligently ( currently set at 3 days

I am confused on the best way to look after my P4 batteries, i have already had one battery replaced by DJi as cell 4 was down.
I have just finished flying and not likely to fly again for a week or so, my batteries are currently at around 35% and 45% as the batteries do not like being left fully charged, should i leave them as they are or charge fully and let the battery discharge intelligently ( currently set at 3 days
Lot of discussion regarding battery maintenance. I fly mine down to approximately 30% and fully charge them up just prior to flying. My auto discharge is set to ten days but I fly long before then. I don't leave the batteries at 100% for more than a day or two and the word is that it isn't a good idea. You have your setting at 3 days which is probably fine.

I am confused on the best way to look after my P4 batteries
Check out this post for tips on storing your batteries.

I have just finished flying and not likely to fly again for a week or so, my batteries are currently at around 35% and 45% as the batteries do not like being left fully charged, should i leave them as they are or charge fully and let the battery discharge intelligently
Leave them as-is. Those levels are fine if you're going to fly again soon.

Agree with msinger 100%, leave them as they are.
Generally speaking you don't want a battery charge state to be in the top or bottom 20% for extended periods. So as long as it's above 20 and below 80% if you are not using it for a few days it's fine.

I have the phantom 3 standard, I have 2 battery,s I don't fly much. so how can I save on my battery so it can last a long time, or what is the best way to keep it for sometime, until the next time I'm ready to fly, it might be a few weeks, or even a month, any advice, the batterys are not cheap,

how can I save on my battery so it can last a long time, or what is the best way to keep it for sometime, until the next time I'm ready to fly, it might be a few weeks, or even a month, any advice, the batterys are not cheap,
Check out this post.

I have the DJI charging hub and I find it very handy, after the batteries have cooled down I charge them on storage mode, once charged I put them in my case and on fly day I charge to 100%. Like the other guy's said if I don't use all my batteries and intend to fly in the next couple of days I leave them at 100%. My batteries are 18 months old and I still have all 4 lights for battery life with over 80 cycles. At times I have left them for about a week but If I can't use all my 4 charged batteries in one outing I prefer to fly the remaining batteries down to about 50% then store charge as this is a good reason to fly a bit more.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj