Battery Chargers

Reaction score
I have the P3Adv, so I have the 57W charger. When I purchased my drone, I grabbed an extra battery (currently own 2). I am planning on buying at least 1 more battery, the charging hub, and the 100W charger in the near future.
There is gonna be a few questions in this thread….
1 a)- If one battery charging on the 100W charger takes "as little as 67 minutes", if you use the 100W charger to the charging hub, and have multiple batteries on there, will they each take the same amount of time (assuming that they are all at the same depleted level)?
b) - Lets say battery 1 is at 25% juice, and battery 2 is at 15%, I would assume battery 1 will finish first, and then can you take it off the hub before the other ones are done?
2) Would you recommend using the 100W charger for the batteries (and hub) and the 57W charger for the remote controller, or using the 57W with the batteries, and the 100W for the controller? Or does it the wattage matter for the controller?
3) I have ordered the Nanuk 945DJI case. It'll be here this week. The case has spots for 6 batteries. When you transport your drone, do you transport it with a battery in the drone, or take them all out? What about taking it on an airplane, do you put all the batteries in the slots? Do you have to tell the airline that there are batteries in there? I do know that when I do travel with it, I am making sure it is locked up and that I have a sticker on it saying 'Handle with care'.

I believe that the 945DJI case is a little too big to be considered carry-on, so I would have to check it (even though I have no intentions of flying with my drone any time soon).

I kind of rambled on with some of those questions, but when I typed them out, it made sense. If they don't make sense to you, just ask, I can hopefully clarify it more.

Thanks

1 a)- If one battery charging on the 100W charger takes "as little as 67 minutes", if you use the 100W charger to the charging hub, and have multiple batteries on there, will they each take the same amount of time (assuming that they are all at the same depleted level)?
Yes.

b) - Lets say battery 1 is at 25% juice, and battery 2 is at 15%, I would assume battery 1 will finish first, and then can you take it off the hub before the other ones are done?
Yes.

2) Would you recommend using the 100W charger for the batteries (and hub) and the 57W charger for the remote controller, or using the 57W with the batteries, and the 100W for the controller?
I would use the 100W charger for the hub since it'll take ~4 hours to charge 4 batteries. If your remote controller is not fully charged at that point, it'll at least be charged up enough to fly those 4 batteries (and them some).

When you transport your drone, do you transport it with a battery in the drone, or take them all out?
I never transport/store my Phantom with the battery installed.

What about taking it on an airplane, do you put all the batteries in the slots?
Yes. The battery terminals need to be covered. Battery covers like these will work if you cannot transport the batteries in a case that has battery slots.

Do you have to tell the airline that there are batteries in there?
No. You do have to put all batteries in your carry-on bag though. If your case is small enough to carry on, then you can store them in the battery slots in your case.

Yes.

No. You do have to put all batteries in your carry-on bag though. If your case is small enough to carry on, then you can store them in the battery slots in your case.

If I have to do this, what is the best way to transport them safely?

The DJI charging hub is expensive and only charges one battery at a time. The 3rd party blue charger is less expensive and can charge up to 3 batteries at the same time. So instead of it taking 3 hours to charge 3 batteries, it only takes 1 hour. Less if you then use the OEM charger that came with the P3 as a second charger.

I highly recommend the blue charger since it works so well taking only 80 minutes to charge all 3 batteries from ~15% to full.

I highly recommend the blue charger since it works so well taking only 80 minutes to charge all 3 batteries from ~15% to full.

blue.charger?

Obviously it isn't a DJI charger, but the scepticism/problem/concern I have of using something that ISN'T DJI is that it may affect the battery (in a negative way).

Here is an explanation from member @BigAl07.

What's key here is to realize the "Charging Function" is contained within the Smart Battery. The rest of the system is more or less just a power supply. In simple terms the "Blue Charger" is a beefed up version of the DJI system with 3 battery outputs and 1 Tx output. The intelligence is built into the battery and the controller. Also the "Blue Charger" has a built in fan so it self regulates heat as needed.

Amazon.com: SKYREAT 4 in 1 Rapid Battery Charger for DJI Phantom 3 Battery and Remote Controller Transmitter: Toys & Games

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07
Here is an explanation from member @BigAl07.

What's key here is to realize the "Charging Function" is contained within the Smart Battery. The rest of the system is more or less just a power supply. In simple terms the "Blue Charger" is a beefed up version of the DJI system with 3 battery outputs and 1 Tx output. The intelligence is built into the battery and the controller. Also the "Blue Charger" has a built in fan so it self regulates heat as needed.

Amazon.com: SKYREAT 4 in 1 Rapid Battery Charger for DJI Phantom 3 Battery and Remote Controller Transmitter: Toys & Games

I am looking at more into this blue charger. Do you use it? Like I said in the post before yours, I'm hesitant about it because it didn't come from DJI. I'm ALWAYS concerned about electronics that don't come from the company that made them (especially when the batteries cost $200+) I don't want to screw up my battery (or transmitter)

I did a search on the forum site, and in one of the threads, there was a link (Charger for DJI Phantom 3 charging 3 batteries and remote control at the same time) for it, I also don't want to order from Amazon, I've heard too many bad stories about ordering off there (or ebay). Even though the sellers rating might be 99.9% to the good. Do you (or anyone know of another site that sells them?
I would like to have a charger that charges all the batteries at once. It's just a perk that you can charge the transmitter at the same time.

Another question I have about this (which I can't find anywhere), Does it come with a cord, or do you hook up your charging cord that came with the Phantom 3? I got the Advanced, so I currently have the 57W, and I am looking at getting the 100W cord.

If you get a 'big blue' charger. It comes with the power cable to attach to the wall outlet. This cord looks a lot like a desktop computer power supply cord. It has 4 other cables, three for connecting to batteries and one for the remote. I love the one I got since it can charge my 3 batteries and remote at the same time.

If you get a 'big blue' charger. It comes with the power cable to attach to the wall outlet. This cord looks a lot like a desktop computer power supply cord. It has 4 other cables, three for connecting to batteries and one for the remote. I love the one I got since it can charge my 3 batteries and remote at the same time.

When did you get it? I take it you haven't seen any problems with your batteries (or remote) since you love it. Where did you order it from? How long does it take to charge your batteries? (Lets say from virtually dead. The 100W says "in as little as" 67 minutes, and the 57W says "in as little as" 96 minutes)

Here is what mine looks like. I bought it on eBay from a seller in China. Since you don't want to buy from either Amazon or eBay, which I trust, you'll have to do your own research.

It takes 80 minutes to charge all my 3 batteries from 15% to full. There is a fan, which is a bit loud when charging on 3 at once, but it does not bother me much. The fan and the charger automatically shut off when the load is lighter and batteries are fully charged.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1454636256.407440.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1454636266.575570.jpg

Here is what mine looks like. I bought it on eBay from a seller in China. Since you don't want to buy from either Amazon or eBay, which I trust, you'll have to do your own research.

It takes 80 minutes to charge all my 3 batteries from 15% to full. There is a fan, which is a bit loud when charging on 3 at once, but it does not bother me much. The fan and the charger automatically shut off when the load is lighter and batteries are fully charged.

I appreciate all your input and help on this.
3 more quick questions… :D
1 - I take it you've had no problems with your batteries after using this charger?
2 - How long does it take to charge your remote with it? (while charging your batteries)
3 - If I get this, then there really is no need for me to get the 100W charger then, is there? What is the wattage on it? (I just see this: Input: 110-240V Output: 17.5V 12A; Branch:17.5V 4A)

Sorry for the such-indepth questionnaire I'm asking, I just want to make sure I'm getting a good product, and also if someone in the future is wondering about it, hopefully they will search and find this thread.

I appreciate all your input and help on this.
3 more quick questions… :D
1 - I take it you've had no problems with your batteries after using this charger?
2 - How long does it take to charge your remote with it? (while charging your batteries)
3 - If I get this, then there really is no need for me to get the 100W charger then, is there? What is the wattage on it? (I just see this: Input: 110-240V Output: 17.5V 12A; Branch:17.5V 4A)

Sorry for the such-indepth questionnaire I'm asking, I just want to make sure I'm getting a good product, and also if someone in the future is wondering about it, hopefully they will search and find this thread.
1. No not at all. I usually upload my flight logs to Healthydrones so I can monitor battery life and other things.
2. I have a P3S so I can't use this charger to charge my remote. Hopefully other members can chime in
3. That's correct. You don't need the original DJI charger anymore.

It is a very good charger IMO; best bang for your bucks especially it charges 3 batteries at once in 80 minutes. I highly recommend it.

View attachment 42864View attachment 42865
That is the same design as mine. I got mine from Amazon. Since it is cold, I don't fly my P3P for very long. Waiting for warmer weather to take longer flight and the batteries under 50%. I haven't timed how long the remote takes to charge but it is charged by the time my batteries are done. While flying, I keep an eye on my battery voltage and all appear normal. Bought the charger back in December.

Dave

I have the P3Adv, so I have the 57W charger. When I purchased my drone, I grabbed an extra battery (currently own 2). I am planning on buying at least 1 more battery, the charging hub, and the 100W charger in the near future.
2) Would you recommend using the 100W charger for the batteries (and hub) and the 57W charger for the remote controller, or using the 57W with the batteries, and the 100W for the controller? Or does it the wattage matter for the controller?
3) I have ordered the Nanuk 945DJI case. It'll be here this week. The case has spots for 6 batteries. When you transport your drone, do you transport it with a battery in the drone, or take them all out? What about taking it on an airplane, do you put all the batteries in the slots? Do you have to tell the airline that there are batteries in there? I do know that when I do travel with it, I am making sure it is locked up and that I have a sticker on it saying 'Handle with care'.

I believe that the 945DJI case is a little too big to be considered carry-on, so I would have to check it (even though I have no intentions of flying with my drone any time soon).

I kind of rambled on with some of those questions, but when I typed them out, it made sense. If they don't make sense to you, just ask, I can hopefully clarify it more.

Thanks

Thanks
I would really take a look at this charger. It is designed for the advanced hobbyist or "prosumer". This will charge 4 Phantom 3 batteries in under an hour. Amazon.com: QUAD CHARGER PRO PACKAGE FOR DJI PHANTOM 3 PROFESSIONALS: Toys & Games

I also don't want to order from Amazon, I've heard too many bad stories about ordering off there.

I am not sure why you would hesitate to buy from Amazon. I have been buying from Amazon since 1998 and have never had any issues with customer service, returns, refunds or products in general. Just make sure that the item you are buying is fulfilled by Amazon.

At this point in their history, with their track record and reputation, I would trust Amazon over almost any other retailer in the world, online or physical. You are missing out on a great selection of products, very competitive pricing, and excellent customer service.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic