Battery Chargers

Reaction score
Thinking about building a bigger system (just thinking right now). Looking for a reasonable battery charger. In another thread, the B6AC was mentioned. Will it charge 6S batteries? Looking at the pictures, it seems I would need to somehow connect the main leads and I'm not sure (since I don't have it in front of me) if I'm seeing that right.

Edit: Found the answer to 6s in another advertisement (yes). Still would like to know any feedback. Thanks!

In addition, the ROBBE was mentioned.

Any others and, if you have one of the above, what is your experience?

The B6AC can indeed charge up to 6S, even my Turnigy Accucel-6 can do that (along with most chargers in that class). However, the limitation is the number of amps they'll put out...the B6AC is capped at 5A, which would be the standard 1C charge rate on a 5000mAh battery...so if you want to charge them any faster than that (or charge larger or multiples at once), you'll need to get one with higher output, and that'll start putting you in the $100+ range.

As you noticed the B6AC doesn't come with an XT60 adaptor, but it's easy to make one (just spice the connector on one if their wires in place of whatever connector you don't need). Some chargers in that class (like the Accucel-6) do come with an XT60 adaptor, it just depends on the exact model you get.

I just ordered an iCharger 306B last night. I had been looking at the 206B, but decided to upgrade for just a few dollars more for a little futureproofing and capacity. I was thinking about some more remote locations I might be going to in the future, and wanted the option of being able to recharge in the field if necessary, and not have to wait a couple of hours for batteries to recharge or lug several pounds of batteries with me. I didn't go for the full 1000W power supply it is capable of handling, just a 500W one for now. Will report back later, if I don't blow myself up! :mrgreen:

Reactions: Mike Mauk
What's the highest amps you can charge with this charger?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

labmansid said:
This is the combo I ordered. http://www.progressiverc.com/the-surface-500w-combo.html The charger is capable of charging at 30 amps.

I thought I had an iMAX B6 on order but the order was apparently not processed. So I ordered one of these. I was figuring what the time would be to charge some new high capacity batteries I'm getting and realized it would take the better part of the day to get a 20% battery charged with the B6.

ladykate said:
..... I was figuring what the time would be to charge some new high capacity batteries I'm getting and realized it would take the better part of the day to get a 20% battery charged with the B6.
So what kind of batteries are you looking at?

labmansid said:
ladykate said:
..... I was figuring what the time would be to charge some new high capacity batteries I'm getting and realized it would take the better part of the day to get a 20% battery charged with the B6.
So what kind of batteries are you looking at?

10 amp 6s. They are sitting on my bench waiting for a charger with a 6s balance port.

ladykate said:
10 amp 6s. They are sitting on my bench waiting for a charger with a 6s balance port.
OK then! Those should push some air. I got my charger yesterday, but have to work the next few days including yesterday and today. :cry:

labmansid said:
ladykate said:
OK then! Those should push some air. I got my charger yesterday, but have to work the next few days including yesterday and today. :cry:

Didn't get the 306B - got the 208B (500 watt version) - came in today and I took it out, soldered some plugs on the batteries and charged them less than an hour. Very cool (actually, literally - the batteries didn't warm up much at all). Also got one of the modular charge boards so I can do two at once.

Will update the bigger hex thread elsewhere but I finally got all the parts (less one which is coming tomorrow but isn't needed for a while).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31