Battery charger with extender board

Sorry to hijack, but I just bought this charger and was curious what mode you used to charge your batteries with (I assume Phantom v1 battery - right?). I'm not sure if a person should use 'Charge' (or 'Fast Charge') or the 'Balance' mode - as I think the Phantom's chargers balance as well.

I use the same charger.

It's best to charge balanced. Only when a battery is too depleted to charge in balance mode, you could try charge or fast charge to revive it. I tried all modes but the main difference is that fast charge saves you 10-15 minutes. Charge is slightly faster then balance but in balance mode all the cells get charged up to the max of 4.2 volts or 12.60 for a 3s. With fast and normal you might end up with 12.55 or 12.50 instead of 12.60 which is not a big deal.

But to be safe and to keep the lipo's healthy it's best to charge balanced.

lake_flyer said:
I use the same charger.

It's best to charge balanced. Only when a battery is too depleted to charge in balance mode, you could try charge or fast charge to revive it. I tried all modes but the main difference is that fast charge saves you 10-15 minutes. Charge is slightly faster then balance but in balance mode all the cells get charged up to the max of 4.2 volts or 12.60 for a 3s. With fast and normal you might end up with 12.55 or 12.50 instead of 12.60 which is not a big deal.

Thanks a ton for the info lake_flyer! Much appreciated! And sorry for the hijack biffmailbu, but hopefully this info will help the person who buys this charger.

lake_flyer said:
I use the same charger.

Sorry... just thought of one other question for you... do you by chance use the extender board as well? If so, do you use the balance mode when charging multiple batteries as well?

Actually, the extender board as you call it, it is actually called a BALANCE board, it has all the balancing connectors as well as main connectors.
So yes, you can run every charging mode with the balance board, including maintenance mode, for all the batteries connected at the same time.

lake_flyer said:
Actually, the extender board as you call it, it is actually called a BALANCE board, it has all the balancing connectors as well as main connectors.
So yes, you can run every charging mode with the balance board, including maintenance mode, for all the batteries connected at the same time.

Awesome. Thanks once again for the info lake_flyer! I'm just being on the safe side and don't want to cook a bunch of batteries by mistake. Cheers!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1