Battery & charger compatibility

Boz

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm new to P4P & need to know if I can charge a P4 battery in a P4P (newer) charger????

Anyone know?

my hi cap battery won't charge in the DJI phantom 4 mulit charger that they sent, did I miss something?

Does it charge in another charger? I had a high capacity battery that would not take a charge period and it is NOT terribly uncommon for a battery to misbehave based upon what a Google search truns up.

I've had a few bad batteries. DJI batteries are a little special since they have all of the electronics and conditioning circuits etc onboard, rather than in the charger. Makes things easier for usage, but also means that when something does go wrong, the entire battery is no good.

Just get DJI to replace the bad battery and you'll be fine; it'll take about 2 weeks including shipping etc - but totally worth it. Not sure where you bought it; maybe you can return it to the place of purchase quicker?

But yes absolutely - you can charge a regular battery on the hi-cap charger, and vice versa. I do it all the time.

I actually have a 3rd party charger that I adore - it supports 4 batteries at once... or, in my case, 3 P4P High-capacity batteries, plus the Mavic's advanced charging hub so I can charge all 4 Mavic batteries at the same time. Oh, and the P4P's remote as well. Quite worth the $79 investment!

Does it charge in another charger? I had a high capacity battery that would not take a charge period and it is NOT terribly uncommon for a battery to misbehave based upon what a Google search truns up.
Yes it charges direct from the cable, but not the multi charger

I've had a few bad batteries. DJI batteries are a little special since they have all of the electronics and conditioning circuits etc onboard, rather than in the charger. Makes things easier for usage, but also means that when something does go wrong, the entire battery is no good.

Just get DJI to replace the bad battery and you'll be fine; it'll take about 2 weeks including shipping etc - but totally worth it. Not sure where you bought it; maybe you can return it to the place of purchase quicker?

But yes absolutely - you can charge a regular battery on the hi-cap charger, and vice versa. I do it all the time.

I actually have a 3rd party charger that I adore - it supports 4 batteries at once... or, in my case, 3 P4P High-capacity batteries, plus the Mavic's advanced charging hub so I can charge all 4 Mavic batteries at the same time. Oh, and the P4P's remote as well. Quite worth the $79 investment![/Q

Is it the Thor

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl