Battery charger / battery dock

Reaction score
Hi Guys!

Can you explain me why it is possible to buy a dock to charge 3 batteries at same time, with the original DJI power supply, but in the DJI manual, they say that it is not good to charge both battery and the RC (remote) at same time???

What are you doing when charging more than 1 battery?

Regards Nicolai

Hi Guys!

Can you explain me why it is possible to buy a dock to charge 3 batteries at same time, with the original DJI power supply, but in the DJI manual, they say that it is not good to charge both battery and the RC (remote) at same time???

What are you doing when charging more than 1 battery?

Regards Nicolai

If its the DJI dock then it only charges one at a time.

Last edited:
the stock charger is 3.3A (adv), 5.7A (pro)
if you charge 3 batts at once, the current provided by charger will be divided by 3 for each batt. this means each batt will receive only 1/3 current as you charge only one batt at a time. charging time will be increase x3 of course.
you need a power supply provided 12A or 15A.

Okay, so no reason at all to buy that !
Have you exstra batteries? and what do you do with charger?

The best thing about the hub is that you can connect all three batteries at once and the charger will charge all three without having to switch each battery after it charges.

this is my charger.
24V 50A power supply + step-down converter ( 24v to 17.4V).
the output from converter is 17.4V 10A. can charge 2 batts @ 4.5A each.

Attachments

• 20160226_201311.jpg
    20160226_201311.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 363
as i metioned, 24V 50A power supply.
it is server power supply, took out from IBM server.
can buy on ebay, amazon.
very cheap. got them for 20 bucks
it's name : ASTEC - AA23260.

this is my charger.

Did you have to adjust CC on the step-down converter to meet battery max charge? or only CV

I´m thinking on making my own charging rig, I already have a 24v 60 amp power supply I use for my 4010Duo iCharger

Regards,

Did you have to adjust CC on the step-down converter to meet battery max charge? or only CV

I´m thinking on making my own charging rig, I already have a 24v 60 amp power supply I use for my 4010Duo iCharger

Regards,
it seems the icharger has Pb charging mode, you can adjust voltage to 18V (9cell) in this mode.
i adjusted voltage to 17.4V only, not current. depending on how much batts draws, the converter will draw that current from power supply.

Reactions: Alejandro Castanon
this is my charger.
Good concept.

From safety points of view, please house the setup in a bigger box. It's too risky to work with open wires.

Reactions: Alejandro Castanon

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31