Battery charge

Reaction score
Hello everyone!Is it good for the battery not to fully charge it,but 70% or 80% and take it for flight?

The lipo battery can be charged and used at any level but why stop at 75-80 when you get more flight time with a 100 percent charged battery.

I think the question is, if you happened to not exhaust a battery the last flight and it has 75 percent charge, is it harmful to battery life to charge it from 75 back to full charge, or is it best to run the battery down to around below 30 percent or so and then charge it? I've wondered that myself...

Hello everyone!Is it good for the battery not to fully charge it,but 70% or 80% and take it for flight?

I think the question is, if you happened to not exhaust a battery the last flight and it has 75 percent charge, is it harmful to battery life to charge it from 75 back to full charge, or is it best to run the battery down to around below 30 percent or so and then charge it? I've wondered that myself...

That isn't correct. Batteries can be topped off from 75% prior to flight with no harm to the battery.

Lipo batteries are hardy batteries and can be charged from any level. With the Phantom charger at the 75% mark you may have to push the power button on the battery to force charge at that level.
Lips can be topped off before flight to be sure the battery is fully charged.
The key with lipo's is to be sure and not store or maintain a fully charged battery for long periods of time. Store at 40-50 percent is good. That relaxes the cells and let's them rest. And as we know rest does us all the best.
Charge from any level and fly then give them a cooling period of say 30 minutes before re-charging then when your not going to use it for a few days leave it at the 40-50 % level and that will extend its life as best you can.
Lipos are funny animals, some last ages others die early deaths. That's electronics .... We just never know.

Reactions: Stathis

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers