Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Battery charge time

Discussion in 'Standard/4k Discussion' started by jcoop, Jun 6, 2016.

1. jcoop

So first of all, exactly how long should it take to fully charge the batteries?
    Second, I assume it's a bad idea to, for example, just let it charge all night?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

2. llyons92

Around an hour to charge. I leave them over night sometimes. I am pretty sure you aren't suppose to do that. I usually leave them though and as soon as I see its done charging I take it off. I have 4 batteries so sometimes it comes to that.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

3. ray rokni

About 80 minutes from %10 battery. They are intelligent batteries, so theoretically you can leave it on all night. As it will shut off when fully charged. Now here is where we will get all the different opinions as to safety. Lipos are volatile batteries and can burst into flames, so I am told every time this subject comes up! Yes it is recommended that you always be around and aware when charging your Lipo batteries. I plug mine in when I'm around and awake but I also have had for of them charging overnight on separate chargers while I slept. I also ride my bike at 120+ mph, scuba dive with sharks and apparently get on people's nerves on forums!!

mikep2323 likes this.
  4. Shep

I bought the DJI 4 port "block" charger, which DJI says is safe for over-night charging.. But I use the stock charger when I know I am going to be close by.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#4 Shep, Jun 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2016