Battery cells damaged

Reaction score
I'm desperately writing this post as I think I am cursed. New P4P owner here. When the drone was shipped first, out of the box, the battery didn't charge. Shipped the battery back to the authorized dealer and they sent me a new one. Everything seemed to be normal until today when I went out to fly the drone. I've got a battery cells damaged and as you all probably know the drone won't take off no matter what. I am teaching some screen shots hoping that someone will come out with an ideea about what's happening. Not to mention that this unfortunate event screwed up my vacation. I am leaving tomorrow and I wanted to take the drone with me for some footages.
21eb7003c7dd6b384288b485f136791d.jpg

0b3261e98c9719daa193ee877c4df475.jpg

c0cf1c994c9e25c3029ffaebda0c869e.jpg

It's nice to have more than one battery- no need to spoil your vacation, grab an extra or two and let your supplier make good on what seems to be another dud battery.

It's nice to have more than one battery- no need to spoil your vacation, grab an extra or two and let your supplier make good on what seems to be another dud battery.
Would be definitely nice to have a couple of spare batteries. I'm new on the drone scene and takes a little bit of time to get to a "full bag" of accessories.

Would be definitely nice to have a couple of spare batteries. I'm new on the drone scene and takes a little bit of time to get to a "full bag" of accessories.
Seems it is your only chance of having use of the AC while on vacation. You will need lure anyway so would appear to be an easy decision.

Letting it drain to say 30% or so and charge back up might level it off
Agreed, however after many years of using LiPO's I can say with confidence that on any occasion a new battery did not perform as expected out of the box it was never any good, certainly not up to expected level of performance. That applies in circumstances where deep discharging individual cell charging etc were employed to try and get things working properly.

It could be a one-off imbalance that clears itself up after a cycle. If the issue is perpetual with the same cell, then definitely get it replaced. By no means am I suggesting a deep discharge, certainly not below 3.2v per cell. Somewhere between 30-10% should do if it is a fluke.
If a cycle does get it working, test under flight load at low altitude a couple times.
If it is bad and can't be returned, you can use it for non-flight purposes such as simulation, going over settings, calibrations, extracting flight data files, etc.

It could be a one-off imbalance that clears itself up after a cycle. If the issue is perpetual with the same cell, then definitely get it replaced. By no means am I suggesting a deep discharge, certainly not below 3.2v per cell. Somewhere between 30-10% should do if it is a fluke.
If a cycle does get it working, test under flight load at low altitude a couple times.
If it is bad and can't be returned, you can use it for non-flight purposes such as simulation, going over settings, calibrations, extracting flight data files, etc.
The amount we pay for these packs an unbalanced cell on delivery is unacceptable and almost certainly a warning sign of likely future issues. It has been for me almost without exception (all variety of LiPO packs). Manufacturing tolerances provide that if they are unbalanced prior to first use one of the cells is below spec. It's not worth fiddling with if there is an opportunity for replacement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.