Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Battery Cell Damage

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by GustavL, Apr 3, 2015.

1. GustavL

Wonder if somebody can help?

Flying around as I normally do and coming in to land at about 32% battery, I suddenly get the low battery warning at 30% and Phantom went into auto land mode and battery reading fell to 14% in a couple of seconds. It landed safely. Discharged battery and re-charged and plugged into Assistant to check. Get a warning " Battery warning Cell damaged" Check the readings of the battery, everything looks normal. Battery is about 8 months old with 100 cycles. Went out to fly and test.... get message on DJI app. "Battery warning , cell damage unsafe to fly"

OK, so I put in my second battery which is on about 90 cycles and 7 months old, and get the same message.

So, that makes me think it is not the batteries, but some problem with the software. How can 2 batteries on the same day and time suddenly develop a cell problem. I have cleaned the contact pins. The batteries have never given any problems and I follow all the rules.

Any ideas will be appreciated........ Thank you

Attached Files:

2. gingerbloke

Do you have a mate with another Phantom you can try the batteries on?

if 100 cycles is normal for DJI batteries then they should be ashamed, especially as you're locked into buying/using them.

3. StevenQX

In the 3rd pic the battery looks popped

4. GustavL

No major swelling. Not much different than when I got it.