Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Battery care tips?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by Sasquatch, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Sasquatch

I have read the manual about battery care, but it's pretty vague.

What's the best way/state to store the batteries when they are not in use and how much discharge should they have? I have two batteries and I generally only use one per flight that I charge fully before that flight. I generally alternate between the two batteries. I've been flying my bird once per week since I got it a month ago.

If my batteries aren't in use for a week or more, do I just let them discharge down to zero on their own or do I keep them semi-charged between flights? Neither have 20 cycles on them yet.

These batteries are very expensive, so I just want to make sure I am caring for them properly.

Thanks

2. Sasquatch

Ok thanks. I just wasn't sure if there was anything different or special about these batteries and since they are DJI's 'intelligent' batteries.

3. Phantom_Menace66

DJI & Intelligent in the same sentence.... Doesn't work does it? lol

4. Sasquatch

Sarcastic bugger. ;)

Anyway, I have a new question about battery care....

How long can batteries be kept/stored at full charge without doing damage to the cells? The reason I ask is because I charged up both my batteries earlier today intending to fly but the weather and circumstances didn't permit me. I will probably fly tomorrow hopefully, or Saturday. Will they be OK with a full charge for a couple of days or should I discharge them?

Thanks

5. Mori55

They'll be fine. , I've let mine sit a couple of weeks and never had a problem.

6. Dirty Bird

If you are using the batteries weekly you can leave them fully charged with no ill-effects. If you are going to store your batteries long term (>30 days) then charge them to ~40% capacity. NEVER leave Li-Pos fully discharged!

7. Sasquatch

Thank you DB AND Mori55, this is exactly what I needed to know. THANKS AGAIN for the answer!. :)