Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Battery Capacity

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Miggs, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Miggs

Nov 5, 2015

I had a battery question. I have a P3P and I noticed my batteries are saying the capacity is about 4200 mah. On the outside of the battery the capacity says 4480. The batteries have been charged a few times and there was nothing abnormal. My question is if I discharge the battery to 8% or so will the full capacity come back or did I screw something up by flying past 50% capacity my first few times? Any help is appreciated! Thanks again and safe flights!
  2. Dirty Bird

Apr 15, 2014
    Batteries have to go through a few cycles before reaching maximum capacity. You can also force them to charge a bit more by powering up the pack (after charging) & reconnecting them to the charger.
  3. skysense

Feb 16, 2016
    I am not sure what is the voltage of each cell at 8% of total battery capacity, but general rule with LiPo batteries is that you dont go under 3.20V per cell. You can, but it will damage the battery (shorten its lifetime) - not tremendously, but it will.

I have similar question.
    about three brand new batteries:

1. 4331mah charged 1 times, battery life 100%
    2. 4408mah charged 0 times, battery life 100%
    3. 4364mah charged 1 times, battery life 100%
    I know there is nominal value for voltage capacity. Is 4480mah, as stated on batteries, nominal value for mah capacity?