Battery break in and firmware update

Reaction score
I get my new P3A tomorrow. I've been reading everything I can to be as familiar with it as possible but several questions I have seem to have disagreement or confusion:

1. Breaking the batteries in. I've seen that some say it isn't necessary, others say take them down to 50% for 10 cycles, and others say take them down to 20% for 10 cycles. So I'm a bit confused.

2. Cautions on updating the Firmware from 1.19 seem to mostly be aimed at the P3P owners or is it for the p3A owners too?

3. I've read here where it sounds like the firmware update is REQUIRED in order to fly. Is that true? Can it be avoided? How can it be avoided? I will be using it with an iPad mini with wifi + cellular.

4. I'm concerned about getting messages, notifications etc on my IOS device while flying - should i be concerned?

Thanks everyone this forum has been great!

Last edited:
I have never seen anything from any LiPo battery manufacturer that says anything about "breaking in".

Thanks all. Yes, will definitely do an imu, compass, and controller calibrations before first flights.

I have never seen anything from any LiPo battery manufacturer that says anything about "breaking in".
How about all the RC pilots that use lipos, they may not be manufacturers, but they certainly know their lipo facts-- nothing like field experience. Break them in, it doesn't cost a dime extra and they will last longer.:):)

Well supposedly my P3A arrived today - I will see when I get home from work. I'm still interested/confused about how it seems some people needed to upgrade the firmware from 1.1.19. How do I avoid this if possible? thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic