Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. Opfor

Ok, have the latest firmware, all three batteries are up to date but for whatever reason my packs don't seem to be auto discharging. I have mine set to discharge after 2 days and I read in the manual that it will take them down to less than 65% and takes about 2 days to accomplish. I've waiting 5 days now and not seeing this. When I go in and check to see if there is another setting or switch to slide over in the app I don't see anything and even when I look at the history I only see one auto discharge which is the 2nd one, probably coming from the factory on all three. Am I missing something here?

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

How exactly are you attempting to see it? Did you press the button on the battery at anytime during those 5 days?

3. Opfor

I did press the battery once to see the green led status and still had 4 bars. I then installed them into the quad, plugged my radio in the controller to pull up the app and see the actual percentage, very little change perhaps 10-12%. Is there another or better way to do this? I tried looking thru the manual but didn't see much info on it.

4. msinger

Approved Vendor

Pressing the battery button restarts the 2-day waiting period. Perhaps that's what happened.

Per Timmermann and Opfor like this.
  5. Trackman1

No peeking. It resets the countdown timer.

Opfor likes this.
  6. Opfor

ahhh....that has to be it. Is this in the manual, did I just miss it? I truly try to find my answers on my own first but come here when I can't come up with. Always appreciate the fast helpful answers here from you guys!

7. Trackman1

Likely one of DJI's undocumented features.:confused:

Opfor likes this.
  8. msinger

Approved Vendor

No.

9. alokbhargava

It is there somewhere in the DJI writeup, I remember having read it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

10. Rat Rambo

11. Bklein

Where is the auto self discharge officially discussed by DJI? It sounds like a very risky "feature". It is not a good idea to have an unattended load event. It has been said that this is to protect the life of the battery. Again where is this documented? Cell life is rated in charge-discharge cycles which this process is negatively affecting. I bet it is more intended to make the Coulomb counter fuel guage more accurate for the flyer as self discharge won't figure in the count.
    There are shipping regulations that declare how high the state of charge can be too.

12. msinger

Approved Vendor

13. ifsteve

So if I read that correctly, it takes 13 days for the battery to self discharge below 65%. It starts the auto discharge when it has sat unused for 10 days then it takes 3 days to complete the discharge. Do I have that correct?

14. msinger

Approved Vendor

That's correct -- if the battery is fully charged. If it's closer to 65% charged when the battery starts to auto discharge, it won't take 3 days to discharge down to 65%.

10 days is the default setting. You can change that in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Battery-Time-To-Discharge.jpg