Batterry discharge

Reaction score
Hi .Anybody know whats the eazy way to discharge my phantom plus battery? As i know if battery is full charge for many days thats disaster. ..thnks

Re: Batterry discharge

Hi,

I purchased a spare DJI battery connect terminal and I already had a Phantom V2 shell that I had replaced because it was developing cracks in the motor mount areas. I mounted the battery terminal in a that old shell without any other components in it. That way I can just slide batteries in and discharge or charge them easily.

I am using a Competition Electronics Turbo 35 GFX charger/discharger to discharge the batteries. Most of my batteries have over 100 flights on them.
I have the cutoff volts set to prevent over discharging and so far have been able to maintain consistent flight times of over 20 minutes by keeping them partially discharged in between use.

Hope this helps you out.

John P

johnp44 said:
Hi,

I purchased a spare DJI battery connect terminal and I already had a Phantom V2 shell that I had replaced because it was developing cracks in the motor mount areas. I mounted the battery terminal in a that old shell without any other components in it. That way I can just slide batteries in and discharge or charge them easily.

I am using a Competition Electronics Turbo 35 GFX charger/discharger to discharge the batteries. Most of my batteries have over 100 flights on them.
I have the cutoff volts set to prevent over discharging and so far have been able to maintain consistent flight times of over 20 minutes by keeping them partially discharged in between use.

Hope this helps you out.

John P
Thnks great. Do you have a link where can i bought it??

christodoulos1 said:
Hi .Anybody know whats the eazy way to discharge my phantom plus battery? As i know if battery is full charge for many days thats disaster. ..thnks

As just reminded to me in another thread. If you have a new type battery as provided with a V3 drone, the battery will self discharge to 50% after 10 days of non-use.

Yes i know but my battery is the old one..let me know somebody tell me tha if i update my old battery they are also discharge automatically. .is that true? ?

jonstatt said:
christodoulos1 said:

As just reminded to me in another thread. If you have a new type battery as provided with a V3 drone, the battery will self discharge to 50% after 10 days of non-use.

The batteries supplied with my V3 do not discharge themselves after 10 days of non use. Is there anything you have to setup or do to get them to do this

foggy69 said:
jonstatt said:
christodoulos1 said:

The batteries supplied with my V3 do not discharge themselves after 10 days of non use. Is there anything you have to setup or do to get them to do this
Yes i eant to get something but i don't know what.

foggy69 said:
jonstatt said:
christodoulos1 said:

The latest battery firmware definitely does this, but I'm pretty sure any firmware in the past 5 months should do it. http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1412

Except that's firmware 2.6 and I think you can only get 2.0 again now - but worth checking.
They withdrew the version that discharges but have never really said why.
I have it on mine and it works quite well.
There isn't any obvious heat produced as they go down quite slowly over about three days.

christodoulos1 said:

Go and fly :D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31