Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Batterry discharge

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by christodoulos1, Feb 18, 2015.

1. christodoulos1

Hi .Anybody know whats the eazy way to discharge my phantom plus battery? As i know if battery is full charge for many days thats disaster. ..thnks

2. johnp44

Re: Batterry discharge

Hi,

I purchased a spare DJI battery connect terminal and I already had a Phantom V2 shell that I had replaced because it was developing cracks in the motor mount areas. I mounted the battery terminal in a that old shell without any other components in it. That way I can just slide batteries in and discharge or charge them easily.

I am using a Competition Electronics Turbo 35 GFX charger/discharger to discharge the batteries. Most of my batteries have over 100 flights on them.
    I have the cutoff volts set to prevent over discharging and so far have been able to maintain consistent flight times of over 20 minutes by keeping them partially discharged in between use.

Hope this helps you out.

John P

3. christodoulos1

Thnks great. Do you have a link where can i bought it??

4. jonstatt

As just reminded to me in another thread. If you have a new type battery as provided with a V3 drone, the battery will self discharge to 50% after 10 days of non-use.

5. christodoulos1

Yes i know but my battery is the old one..let me know somebody tell me tha if i update my old battery they are also discharge automatically. .is that true? ?

6. foggy69

The batteries supplied with my V3 do not discharge themselves after 10 days of non use. Is there anything you have to setup or do to get them to do this

7. christodoulos1

Yes i eant to get something but i don't know what.

8. bbfpv

The latest battery firmware definitely does this, but I'm pretty sure any firmware in the past 5 months should do it. http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1412

9. 4wd

4wd

Except that's firmware 2.6 and I think you can only get 2.0 again now - but worth checking.
    They withdrew the version that discharges but have never really said why.
    I have it on mine and it works quite well.
    There isn't any obvious heat produced as they go down quite slowly over about three days.

10. Xplizit

Go and fly :D