Batteries Won't Connect to Drone

Reaction score
I crashed the Phantom 2 in a corn field, and it was still running when I got to where it landed. I immediately shut it off and brought it back into the house. I replaced one of the props that had busted upon landing. When I went to turn it back on the battery didn't appear to be connecting to the drone as the drone made no noises after clicking the battery power button and holding it for two seconds. I tried with a second second battery and had the same result.

The crash came about when I set the compass in one field, drove a few hundred yards down the road to another field with the drone on and connected to the phone. Once I got to the field I set the drone out. The phone gave an error message that the phantom had lost connection, so I switched the S1 switch to regain control. Once this was done and I had regained control and there were no error messages I took off. At fifteen feet in the air the drone shot back, and then shot forward at a downward angle and into the ground. After it started shooting forward I relinquished control.

Are there any thoughts on why the battery wouldn't be connecting or what I did that caused its flight to go bad?

Let's take this one step at a time.

The crash came about when I set the compass in one field, drove a few hundred yards down the road to another field with the drone on and connected to the phone. ...

This is hard to understand. When you say "set the compass", do you mean "calibrate the compass"?

Next you drove down the road with the drone on. Correct? This is very unusual. This means it is likely your home point has already been recorded and is several hundred yards in the other field. Right?

When you say "Phantom 2" I assume you mean Phantom 2 Vision since you posted this in the P2V forum.

You did a host of things that might have caused the flight to go bad. Booting up the Phantom and then driving it to another location while it's still on is off the map, so to speak. For the record, if you wish to calibrate the Phantom, there is no reason to keep it on after the calibration unless you intend to fly immediately. You may turn the phantom off. The Phantom will "save" the successful calibration so that you can use that same calibration in the hours/days/weeks/months going forward.

Since you had a crash, I suggest you go over the entire craft inside and out with a magnifying glass. Look for cracks in the plastic, cracked solder joints, and plugs that may have loosened. Check the GPS antenna so that you know it's not cracked or ajar from its mount. Make sure the battery is still working correctly. Make sure all the battery contacts are straight and clean.

After you do all that, try the boot up process and let us know what happened.

Good luck!

That did it, she works like a charm now! I don't know what was loose, but I pushed in on all the connections and after that she fired right up. Also yes, it is a Visions 2+

Thanks again!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4