Batteries won't charge

There could be a few things going on, if you don't mind narrowing down a few things:

The "brick" on the charger it self... There is a LED on it, Is this lighting up? Red? Green?

When you single press the button on the battery... What is lighting up? Amount of solid or flashing green lights

Batteries that are over 75% will not charge, It is some sort of safety built into the battery. This could also be why it will not take a charge since batteries are shipped with a charge. Per DJI Manual this is what they state "Connect the battery to the charger. If the current capacity of the battery is over 75%, you should power on
the battery to begin charging."

Thanks TG Greenstone for replying.

It is a BC20-4 charger. The light flashes green the whole time. The wires which go into the side of the charger does not seem to make a firm connection. They come out easily.

When I plug the batteries into the DJI, nothing happens.

Thank you in advance for you help!

Am I correct with saying that you have a phantom one?

If so, I was mistaken in thinking you had the newer smart batteries. I am not too familiar with the older ones, but this is the wiki page from DJI explaining in detail. It may be more help than myself to you

http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phanto ... Po_Battery

I know you probably don't want to buy anything else, but type this into the search box on a hobby craft or multi-rotor vendor page as seen in the ads here on Phantom Pilots, including even Amazon. "lipo battery tester"

These things are cheap from several dollars to many dollars. Even a high quality battery charger will provide a read out. All these devices provide a per cell voltage reading. An important number to be familiar with charging lipo batteries.

While you are waiting for this device to arrive in the mail or UPS, read up on lipo batteries. There are many articles around on the internet. Improperly handled and charged lipo's can be dangerous.

Start by reviewing this instruction booklet, this may be the charger you are referring to:
http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom/Battery_and_Charger_Instruction.pdf#

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj