Batteries will not stay on while trying to discharge them

Reaction score
I recently had an issue where my quad overheated inside my carrying case (battery powered itself up); it now wants to fly away, so I have sent it into dji for evaluation (I know now to remove the battery when not flying).
I want to discharge both of my batteries to 30-50%, per the manual, because I won't be using them for several weeks. When I turn them on, though, they won't stay on. The one that came on inside my bird and caused the overheating will only stay on about 5 minutes and then it shuts off (tried this three times). The LEDs and power button light are all noticably dimmer on this battery compared to my other battery.
My other battery shut off sometime in the next 3 hours, but still shows nearly full charge (four lights) when I powered it back on. Anyone have a clue what is going on here?

Plug Phantom into a PC/Mac. Look at the battery status in the Phantom assist.

You can't discharge a battery without something drawing power from them.... If the batteries are recent (within the last 6 months or so), they will gradually auto-discharge to 50% after 10 days of inactivity. By pressing the power button you're essentially resetting the 10 day timer. In other words, put them somewhere safe, wait 11 days from the last time you played with the power button, then check the status.

You can't discharge a battery without something drawing power from them.... If the batteries are recent (within the last 6 months or so), they will gradually auto-discharge to 50% after 10 days of inactivity. By pressing the power button you're essentially resetting the 10 day timer. In other words, put them somewhere safe, wait 11 days from the last time you played with the power button, then check the status.
as long are v2 batteries with late firmware

Reactions: bbfpv
Thanks all; not sure if the batteries are v2, but I just bought the quad in February so my guess is they will slowly dischg as you stated. I have plenty of "discharge time" on my hands while awaiting a dji repair.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj