Batteries not charging

Reaction score
Has anyone had charging issues, only had the drone 3 weeks and the charger is playing up. It's a P3P. I guess it must be the charger as I've tried the fuse and lead, still nothing. Tried plugging in the remote with the battery, nothing until I turn the battery on, then the remote starts charging but not the battery, but when I turn the battery off the remote stops charging!! Very odd.

It is probably your charger that is defective. Did you checked if the power cord is fully inserted in it? Maybe take it out and try to insert it again.
You could also check with another power block (with same type of AC power connector) to see if your AC cable is ok.

Its odd alright.... guessing the charger is the issue. With remote charge port and battery both connected and the remote charging when battery powered on it might be that the battery is charging the remote. If you have access to a multi meter i would probe the battery charge lead to see if the charger is dead, seems likely.

Thanks for the replies. Yes I have checked the lead, tried unplugging it then back in, even tried a different lead. I guess I need to send the charger back for a replacement. Oh well no flying this weekend!

Thanks again

When you send it to DJI don't say that you charge RC and battery at same time, if you have done it that way. Only one at the time. It is not recommended by DJI to charge both at same time.
Better to buy a second charger, the one for the P3A is 60W but can charge the remote control or a battery in 1h30. Can be one from ebay, they are not that expensive. Or the 100W from P3P or one non DJI recommended on this forum.
- It will be your spare, so no more bad weekend like this one :)
- You can charge 2 batteries at same time.
- You can charge a battery and RC at same time.

Reactions: Drace and Oso
When you send it to DJI don't say that you charge RC and battery at same time, if you have done it that way. Only one at the time. It is not recommended by DJI to charge both at same time.
+1

Plug the charger in and check the power output with a Voltmeter. It should be putting out around 17 Volts.

When I first had a problem getting the battery to charge, DJI told me to plug the remote in same time as the battery to see if it would start to charge the battery, which it did. But the charger has packed up completely now. Just waiting for the company I bought it from to get back to me (Drones Direct), Think I will buy a spare charger though. Thanks

Has it never worked properly, or did it start after upgrading the aircraft firmware? The battery does have it's own firmware.

Started playing up from out of the box. There is no power even when you plug the hand controller in!

Update, called the company who I purchased the drone from today to find out what is happening about a replacement charger? Only to be told they are waiting for DJI to get back to them, over a week now!!! Not happy!

Hello,
Unfortunately I don't have a fix for you ( wish I did ), but
I recently bought a used P3p without charger, only reason I bring this up, if you have a Best Buy in your area, they have price match, ( want $72.99 in store ) but have them on sale ( online ) $52.99 us, BUT check your local branches they offer opened or damaged box $42.99us 100w charger BRAND NEW! Might get lucky on an open box? I did not, but you never know, I paid a total of $61 for a unopened new one ( I could not wait for one to be shipped to me, lol )

Sorry not a fix, but maybe a cheap alternative? Just hate to see anyone grounded!

J Dot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers