batteries getting warm/hot during auto discharge

Reaction score
Guys,

Quick one. has anyone noticed their batteries getting warm/hot during the auto discharge cycle.
I have set mine to discharge at 3 days after reading many posts here and today i went to open my DJI back pack as i wanted to take it out for a flight and noticed that the 3 batteries sitting in the case were quite warm then i realised that 3 days have passed and they are probably discharging. What I didnt know is that they warm up quite a lot during discharge and probably the fact they they were tightly packed in the backpack with foam around them did not help. First thing I did is i took them out and let them cool down and it worked even though they were still discharging.

So the question is will they have gotten damaged if i let them discharging in the case? should i always take them out of the case when not in use and if i know i am going to let them discharge?

One more thing eventually i decided to put them in the bird to check the current level and they show 77% so good they are discharging then when i went in history it shows current status as "discharging" so 2nd question. is can i put it on charge if the current status is discharging or should i let it run the course of the discharge?

Thanks
Reuben

One of mine is half (self)discharged now and I wouldn't say there's noticeable heat there, if carefully checking I might have thought it didn't feel 'cold'.
Considering how hot they get after being used it won't do any harm surely.
Recharge halfway though is almost certainly OK. can't see any problem,.
There isn't any battery memory like some earlier kinds of rechargeable battery were affected by.

One of mine is half (self)discharged now and I wouldn't say there's noticeable heat there, if carefully checking I might have thought it didn't feel 'cold'.
Considering how hot they get after being used it won't do any harm surely.
Recharge halfway though is almost certainly OK. can't see any problem,.
There isn't any battery memory like some earlier kinds of rechargeable battery were affected by.
Thanks for ur response i was getting a bit worried leaving them in the case as I thought they might over heat.

Energy is only going to be displaced by physical force or heat. You chose!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic