Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Batteries for continous flight?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AndyJarosz, Dec 16, 2013.

1. AndyJarosz

How many batts/chargers do you guys use if you're going for continuous flight time?

2. netphreak

Define continuous... Are you looking for longer flight times, or constant flight? I use one 2400 mah battery and I get around 8 minutes of flight time. I also use a better charger that can charge a battery in 20 minutes. I carry six batteries, so if I want to reload batteries, I can pretty much run until I get tired of changing batteries out.

I do want to work on a cable tether system, but that's a project for another time...

3. ElGuano

Along the same lines, taking into account the overhead of landing, prepping for a new flight, resetting Gopro, etc, I can pretty much get "continuous" flight while charging at 1C using 3 batteries, constantly cycling. My FPV VRx/monitor batteries only lasts about 1.5 hours though so that is limiting.

4. BruceTS

I have 6 batteries, which gives me continuous flights. the charger I use can have 4 on it safely at a time charging at 1c. Usually I like to let the battery that was just flown cool down before charging. I have a few 2700 mah batteries to try out, but been too busy to get out.

5. AndyJarosz

Thanks for the replies guys. To clarify, I'm looking for constant flight, not longer flight times.

What chargers do you guys recommend? I like the idea of having more batteries and charging slower, then less and charging faster.

6. Gizmo3000

remember that it's ideal to let your batteries cool down after flying,
    charging them while they're still warm from a flight might damage them.

7. WReimer

"constant flight"... Are you suggesting flight uninterrupted by landing?

Two. That's really all you'll be able to fly with. That will give times of 14-20 minutes...no more..

You'll have to land after two