Batteries-Enough Voltage?

Reaction score
While reading the l-o-n-g thread on the "Horizon FPV Antennas" I got to thinking about something. It was stated results on mods that were very different could be power from the controller. If you put four, new regular batteries in the controller you have 6 volts. When you use rechargeable batteries you only get 4.8 volts. So for you electronic engineers out there could that make a difference?

Happyflyer said:
While reading the l-o-n-g thread on the "Horizon FPV Antennas" I got to thinking about something. It was stated results on mods that were very different could be power from the controller. If you put four, new regular batteries in the controller you have 6 volts. When you use rechargeable batteries you only get 4.8 volts. So for you electronic engineers out there could that make a difference?

In this case no.

Most all modern electronics employs some type of power or voltage conditioning usualy in the form of regulation.

The controller is one of these devices.
The specs given for the internal voltage alarm (LED indication) and cut-off levels are based on the voltage, above regulation, required to maintain regulation or 'dropout'. This dropout is typically ~1v above regulation. So if the dropout is say 4.3V as long as the input remains above that, full regulated power is delivered to the load (i.e. no effect on transmit power).

captej26 said:
Is there a reason you did this 3 times...
Yes there is. It has to due with the continuing problems on this site. Error and more errors. Only one showed to me and that one was much later in the day of when I tried to post the first time.
N017RW,
Thanks for the information on this battery thought.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers