Batteries dying 1-2 minutes after takeoff DJI phantom 1

Reaction score
I have 5 fully charged and balanced phantom batteries and when I fly my phantom the red light starts to flash and quad looses power within 1-2 minutes of flight time. Battery is showing drained on my meter post-flight. Does anyone have a fix for this or have any idea what the problem might be?
Thanks!

Are your batteries showing a full charge after charging? Might before you go to use the battery, what does it read prior to using it/them?

They are the original DJI batteries that came with the quad and a few that I bought on amazon (DJI brand). They're about 1 year old and show 4.19, 4.19.4.18 on my meter. Does this help? I guess I could buy a new one and see if it works, but it seems odd that all 5 are having the exact same issue at the same time.

4.19, 4.19.4.18
seems pretty good.

BUT you dindt by any chance store them for a long time fully charged or discharged have you? If so they are toast if they were stored at to much off from 50% storage charge.

Do you know of anyone who has your Phantom model, that lives nearby? It would be very informative to see how they function in another Phantom. Do you have a load tester?

J.James said:
You didn't by any chance store them for a long time fully charged have you? If so they are toast if they were stored at too much off from 50% storage charge.

Holy crap! You may have just solved MY problem, which I posted in the Vision section the other day. Now I'm wondering if that's where I ran into trouble. I used to store the batteries fully charged, probably because I missed that part in the instructions that say NOT to do that. Crap, crap, crap. :oops:

I've got to do some test flying before I buy more batteries though. I'm not quite ready to toss out one year old batteries with only about 25 charges on them!

J.James said:
4.19, 4.19.4.18
seems pretty good.

BUT you dindt by any chance store them for a long time fully charged or discharged have you? If so they are toast if they were stored at to much off from 50% storage charge.

It's possible - I was using the quad a lot then got a new job and gave the hobby a brief rest. Would they still be able to take the full charge as they are showing when I test them in the meter if they were shot? I guess I could just buy a new battery for 25 bucks and see if that works too...

They are probably not good anymore. As an example, my old car battery will appear to take a full charge and the charger shuts off when it thinks the battery is fully charged but it dies again soon after. The volts may read OK, but the amps are not.

Ahhhh ugh That sucks if you stored them fully charged for more then a week or 2 that can kill a battery really quick and give you fill voltage when its charged but have real bad amp capacity. You might be able to do a few charge and discharge cycles on them and revive them some. But probably not much.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers