Batteries and international air travel

Reaction score
Just had a thought....if anyone receives phantom 4 batteries they may come with a Pony testing laboratories declaration that they are cleared for air travel.

If this is the case maybe someone could make a PDFs of it and post it...it may help with any potential problems at international check ins???

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just had a thought....if anyone receives phantom 4 batteries they may come with a Pony testing laboratories declaration that they are cleared for air travel.

If this is the case maybe someone could make a PDFs of it and post it...it may help with any potential problems at international check ins???

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
You are best advised to enquire with the carrier prior to flight. In my experience they will advise a max watt hour rating, number of batteries per passenger and requirement to have terminals insulated (and packs must be on board with you in carry on).

Regardless of what manufavturer or third party advises as acceptable ultimately the airline makes the call (having regard to regulations and own policy).

^ what he said.

Its pretty easy to find each carriers rules in the FAQ sections.

To be honest though 100w/hr is a good number to go by, I have not come across a carrier that requires less, or has a max amount of batteries limit. All require some sort of protection against shorting. Tape, or caps. Lipo bags are not usually a requirement either.
I travel extensively and have never had any trouble. Pre DJI, I was traveling with 6 5200 4S Multistars. I have sold my soul to DJI now though, and to be honest with the figures all written right on the battery, and more protection of the cells, I am even less worried about flying with them.

Simply go to your airline's website and search for Lithium or Batteries to see their rules and you'll get something like this: Dangerous Goods | Qantas
There it is for you to print and keep a copy to show in case you have any problem at check-in (which you won't if you read the info)
For US flights the FAA has this: https://www.faa.gov/about/office_or...fo/media/Airline_passengers_and_batteries.pdf

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl