Basic firmware update question

Reaction score
All,
I'm in the process of upgrading the firmware on the controller, the camera and the aircraft as per direction to do so on the DJI app. I've got the controller done and now need to get into the aircraft and the camera. The instructions from DJI are a bit confusing. I get the impression (from the DJI instructions on their website) that I should be able to do this upgrade (camera and aircraft) via the app, however aside from telling me that I need the upgrades the app isn't going any further (prompts, directions etc.). Here is the language in their instructions: [If your P3 Advanced RC firmware is v1.320 or above you must use the DJI GO app to update the firmware] Do I just go ahead and try doing the camera and aircraft upgrades via the SD card then? Thanks in advance.

That description is related to RC firmware update. You have to use the SD card to do the bird.

I believe you are right, but looking at these instruction, can you see my confusion? Thanks for your input, I'll start with the SD card update.
firmware.JPG

Be sure to reformat card prior to updating via micro sd card. I forgot last time and then it corrupted the card, causing loss of a handful of files. Reformatted card and then added firmware file, and completed update just fine. I haven't seen anywhere DJI telling user to format card prior to update...

Bbfpv is right. You'll need to work with the microSD for the firmware update to the drone and batteries. DJI's instructions can be a bit confusing but luckily there's a lot of great resources out there. We've put a guide together with a ton screen shots here: http://www.drone-world.com/how-to-update-firmware-for-the-dji-phantom-3-professional-and-advanced

But there is also a lot of great step-by-step videos people have produced and uploaded to YouTube as well: phantom 3 firmware update 1.4 - YouTube

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl