Banning drones around animals

Drones are not for taking pictures of animals, don't do it at all. All you are going to do is freak them out and possibly kill them from stress and injury. If you want to photograph wild animals buy a Gillie Suit, Nikon camera and a telephoto lens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Such a rule would be outside of the FAA's jurisdiction, but the Fish and Wildlife service does have enforceable regulations regarding the harassment of wildlife. They also have set aside areas of extreme sensitivity where aircraft noise presents a hazard, such as locations where birds on the endangered species list have nesting sites. There areas are marked on the sectional charts - California has a lot:

NOAA%20Wildlife%20Sanctuaries.jpg

Reactions: dirkclod
Yeah I don't agree with hassling animals with drones but it seems the solution is always to ban just about everything. How about we don't ban, but punish those convicted of doing harm. There's so many bans these days this is a quickly dying endeavor.

Such a rule would be outside of the FAA's jurisdiction, but the Fish and Wildlife service does have enforceable regulations regarding the harassment of wildlife. They also have set aside areas of extreme sensitivity where aircraft noise presents a hazard, such as locations where birds on the endangered species list have nesting sites. There areas are marked on the sectional charts - California has a lot:

NOAA%20Wildlife%20Sanctuaries.jpg
@SteveMann within a mile or so of where I live are Elk migratory routes that are off limits to all motorized vehicles and aircraft, I would assume my quad too.

Yeah I don't agree with hassling animals with drones but it seems the solution is always to ban just about everything. How about we don't ban, but punish those convicted of doing harm. There's so many bans these days this is a quickly dying endeavor.

Pretty sure if you are harassing animals you will be seeing a judge under existing laws if you are caught.

The one exception to droning wild animals, these really don't seem to mind. Sitting in the high country of Colorado waiting for our first huge winter storm to bring 3 feet of the wonderful white stuff, this makes me long for the days I had the ocean in my front yard!

Awesome!

Last edited:
ON TOPIC OR NOT AT ALL.

Leave your opinions on hunting in a hunting forum please, not here.
Thanks for everyone cooperation. Further off topic post will be deleted for continuity.​

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj