Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Banner Towing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by richardseguro, Jan 26, 2016.

1. richardseguro

Hello fellow enthusiasts, I have FAA 333 Exemption. I am considering possibility of banner advertising as an additional service.

I have seen youtube videos from Dena Drones and Drone Distro using vertical banner rigs.

I have a P3P but considering either purchasing P3A or Yuneec Q500 Typhoon 4k. The latter, although slower in horizontal speed, has a removable camera which could give me extra payload and with regard to slower horizontal speed, I would not mind that much since I plan to fly it static in place or at slow speeds precisely.

The youtube videos and images I have googled show quadcopters doing the job (I saw DJI Phantoms, not sure if these were P1's, P2's).

I would appreciate any thoughts, criticisms or comments. Any references to resources would also help, if any.

I searched for related topics in these forums, but to no avail.

Thanks

Here are the links to the references above stated:

http://drones.specout.com/compare/1-45/DJI-Phantom-3-Professional-vs-Yuneec-Q500-Typhoon-4K

2. WetDog

Looks awfully marginal in terms of stability and readability. Hopefully it's not windy where you live.

richardseguro likes this.
  3. agrimm01

Once you get the technical part worked out are you going to update your FAA 333 Exemption to include Banner advertising?

richardseguro likes this.
  4. richardseguro

Actually I read I should. I think from a risk management perspective I will avoid this venture all together. These drones are not meant for this and besides many things can and do go wrong.
    Thanks for the comments!!