Banner advertising

Depending on the size of the drone, I would think that a banner would create too much drag and stress out the motors. Right? Maybe I'm wrong. I've never done it so maybe someone that's tried it can weigh in.

Maybe a gas powered fixed wing drone with small banner. You could fly lower altitude than manned A/C so banner could be smaller.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

To be effective the banner needs to be seen by LOTS of people, like a stadium amount. Of course it would be illegal to fly close enough to a full stadium to be seen, defeating the purpose of the banner to start with.

I suppose one could apply for a waiver but that might be a very difficult sell.

True banner towing is extremely hard on the aircraft. I can't even imagine any type of "civilian" drone doing that work, especially if you were planning on flying a decent sized "flag".

I've done a lot of banner towing in my early years and I do remember that we had to install a secondary oil cooler on each tow plane to keep the temperatures within limits. Flying around at almost full power and 60 knots was not a fun thing to do after about the 20th time in the same area.

Now I'm thinking something like an Air Force Predator or similar would do just fine but it might have a hard to picking up the flag after takeoff. It's surprising how many pilots can NOT make a banner pick up in front of the FAA examiner when required!

I got to teach it a lot and many guys just refused to do it after their first few attempts, even after having it demonstrated, literally by the numbers!

But I digress and that was a LONG time ago.

AD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik