Banned from DJI Forum

Reaction score
Hi All
Just got banned from the DJI Forum because I was insistent that I have now had two P4s that have Horizon tilt.
I did not swear Or was abusive, The DJI moderators were just making excuses for what was before their eyes and obviously many many others have this problem. SO because I wanted DJI to admit & help solve this problem they BANNED ME. Judge for yourself

hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: TK-421
That tilt would get on my nerves too. It's distracting from the video. I think a firmware or software change to the app could fix that by allowing users to save horizon adjustments to compensate for issues with the gimbal.

Right now DJI is running a heavy ad campaign because of "fresh players" on the market. Any negative remarks (true or not) will be nullified.

I guess limiting the amount of horizon shown in your videos will help mask the issue until DJI finds a solution.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Unfortunately the wandering horizon problem is not limited to the P4. Many P3's exhibit the same issue, and have for some time, but DJI has apparently not been able to correct it with firmware updates.

Autel would of fixed the problem instead of banning you . I've heard nothing but good thing about x star premium by Autel. I should of got that and cut my loses when my standard did a fly away

Not at all

?

Autel is a start up company
Shipments have only been happening this month.

Its too early to tell how they will react on things.

Not saying they will or won't be good but dont just plug the product because you have one.

I dont have one i do know someone who does he was one of the first to receive his and did have a problem with the camera he called them and they overnighter him a brand new camera and gimbal .I sent bird back to seller autel told him to keep new camera and gimbal for the inconvenience. To me thats pretty good customer service. Just saying

Well good so far, but lets see in a few months when the numbers of them get out there.
3DR were promising amazing things and that all seems to have gone by the way now.

Ouch -- I very often fix those kinds of up to 1-1.7° tilted horizon footage on my P3P (shooting 4K and outputting to HD makes it less painful).

I guess it would be useful to have a pref to "Adjust Gimbal Roll" to a certain amount.

...but is it possible to have a link to the offending DJI forum thread if it is still available? DJI forum is IMHO poorly constructed so I seldom visit it.

The lack of any real upgrades to the camera from the P3P was one of the reasons I chose not to go with the Phantom 4. Interesting to see it still has the horizon tilt issue. You can manually fix it in settings if it's like the P3 but they really should fix their stuff.

Reactions: wrathofkhan
DJI keep telling people to calibrate the IMU & gimbal but that does not fix it, nor gimbal adjust as very very many people know. Then the DJI Moderators tell you to do an RMA & send it back to China,,,WOW, as if I am gonna do that and all the problems that causes me,,, I just let Apple deaLwith it & get a replacement on the 6th May and will be my 3rd attempt trying to get a good one.

Hey Wrath, I got banned because of comments in the same thread, relating to your video. DJI-Ken talked about the camera being fine and the ground is what was sloped in your video. He then pointed to the clouds as evidence of the camera being fine.

I quoted him and said "This, ladies and gentlemen, is what grasping at straws looks like." Boom. Banned. Give a company a couple thousand dollars and they don't want you to be honest about the shortcomings of their products or unhelpful support staff. Hm.

Hi, PhantomPilots, I hope you guys are nicer! :)

You can manually fix it in settings if it's like the P3 but they really should fix their stuff.

Not really. I don't know about the P3, but on the P4, when you adjust the gimbal roll, it snaps out of alignment to a totally random angle after a couple feet of flight (or with any RC stick input).

Hi TK-421,
What the hell is going on with the Mods at DJI forum and sorry you got banned too. We were not swearing or rude,, just stating the obvious facts and seeking WHEN DJI were going to make efforts to fix this.
What I would like to do is get these moderators to help us, not sugar coat, deny all negatives and basically say "Oh we cannot duplicate the problem" yet hundreds (maybe thousands if include the P3) have this unacceptable tilt in what is basically a camera drone.

I guess reinstatement is out of the question and the support staff can LIE.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav